Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

psst...Regency Furniture Stadium
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I really like bigger venues too where you can open the car up a bit.
    And open up some ears at the same time!

Chapter Fest

This was def one of my favorite tracks we have met on this season. I had a great time, the cars were beautiful (as usual) and the food was amazing. Props for whoever suggested Red Hot & Blue! I have one question after this meet though, is there any way we can attempt to compensate times that are taken in the wet? It may sound stupid, and really difficult to actually do, but it makes sense to at least consider. Over half of the meets this year at least for one session has either been in pouring rain (ie, Saturday PM) or just on a wet track. So, by chance we all dont usually have accurate representations of our cars times against each other! This was just a thought that some of us discussed while we waited in line for the track, but I think it is at least worth discussing furthur. Thanks again for everything on Saturday, I had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    This was def one of my favorite tracks we have met on this season. I had a great time, the cars were beautiful (as usual) and the food was amazing. Props for whoever suggested Red Hot & Blue! I have one question after this meet though, is there any way we can attempt to compensate times that are taken in the wet? It may sound stupid, and really difficult to actually do, but it makes sense to at least consider. Over half of the meets this year at least for one session has either been in pouring rain (ie, Saturday PM) or just on a wet track. So, by chance we all dont usually have accurate representations of our cars times against each other! This was just a thought that some of us discussed while we waited in line for the track, but I think it is at least worth discussing furthur. Thanks again for everything on Saturday, I had a great time!
    Unfortunately there is no way to gauge that... what I have noticed for some drivers is that they drive very close to the limit in the wet but either way over it or nowhere near it in the dry... others drive nowhere near the limit in either condition so we cannot uniformly introduce a 'handicap' for the rain. It's not fair, obviously, but that's how it goes. If anyone watches any professional racing, think about the car that gets knocked out of a race because the person behind had their brakes fail and just plowed into them... not the person in fronts fault right? Things happen... but it sure would be nice if the 'track' was the same all day so noone has an advantage over another.

It's been mentioned several times so far and I just wanted to chime in and support the "add a (wet) or (damp) next to the respective times," just to save/stroke ego.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    It's been mentioned several times so far and I just wanted to chime in and support the "add a (wet) or (damp) next to the respective times," just to save/stroke ego.
    If people want to save/stroke their egos, go call your mommy!

Cool, thanks Adam, just curious after a bunch of us were talking. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    Cool, thanks Adam, just curious after a bunch of us were talking. Thanks for the clarification!
    Yea it sucks and isn't fair... I've been burned by it in the past, but realistically there is nothing we can do... just bad luck =( Sorry m8.

Maybe we can do a rain dance or something before each heat!

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    If people want to save/stroke their egos, go call your mommy!
    I do after every run, but it's never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    I do after every run, but it's never enough.
    I call Jon's mom

- I wonder if he will reply lol

I call Jon's mom

- I wonder if he will reply lol
    STFU ... my mom is hot and she drives a BMW.

STFU ... my mom is hot and she drives a BMW.
    She IS hot and she drives my BMW faster than yours

She IS hot and she drives my BMW faster than yours
    Sorry, must not be my mom then. She only drives nice BMW's. Maybe it was Mark's mom?

Sorry, must not be my mom then. She only drives nice BMW's. Maybe it was Mark's mom?
    But she's not hot...

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Good book!

I like the rule....there's no taking it easy on the first run. If you do, you're wasting a run.
    I can't tell you how much of a difference this has made for me. I used to take the first run slowly just to figure out the course but on Saturday I just went for it. I overcooked the first couple of turns and got +3 but I got an okay 55+3 seconds. I was later able to bring it down to a 53+1. With only four runs, it makes sense to overshoot then correct down instead of starting slow and building your way up. There just aren't enough runs to be able to build your way up, in my opinion.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Thread Information