Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Registration is Open for Marque Madness at VIR
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Registration is Open for Marque Madness at VIR

Registration is Open for Marque Madness at VIR

Registration is now open on the Greater Washington Section, Mercedes Club of America's website.
    http://www.gws-mbca.org/events/MarqueMadness09.html

Good news! There is an Early Bird registration fee of $375 until March 31. One April 1 the fee goes up to $395 (no fooling), and after May 23 the fee will go to $425. Don't let the event fill up before you get your registration in.

Back by popular demand, the National Capital Chapter, along with the local chapters of the Audi and Mercedes clubs, will be hosting a two day driver school on the full course at Virginia International Raceway near Danville, VA. There will be four run groups for all levels of experience and in-car instructors.

When: Thursday, June 11, 2009 and Friday, June 12, 2009

Extras: Thursday night barbeque and event T-shirts included in registration fee.

Questions to Woody Hair 703-243-5796
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I hope to make this one.
    And the weekend.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Registration is now open on the Greater Washington Section, Mercedes Club of America's website.
    http://www.gws-mbca.org/events/MarqueMadness09.html

Good news! There is an Early Bird registration fee of $375 until March 31. One April 1 the fee goes up to $395 (no fooling), and after May 23 the fee will go to $425. Don't let the event fill up before you get your registration in.

When: Thursday, June 11, 2009 and Friday, June 12, 2009

Extras: Thursday night barbeque and event T-shirts included in registration fee.

Questions to Woody Hair 703-243-5796

And as an added perk, BMWs can show the other Marques what they can do at VIR!
    Last edited by Real M3; 02-10-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

AKA. . .When Vipers attack.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-10-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    AKA. . .When Vipers attack.

Thanks, just when the nightmares have stopped......
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Who's doing a 4 day down there with Mazda?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Who's doing a 4 day down there with Mazda?
    I was thinking about it, but instead if money holds up I'm doing MM then WGI the following Monday and Tuesday, followed by Thunderbolt the following weekend.

Driving from ViR to the Fingerlakes Sunday night after Mazda would be a bit much... Then again - if gas is $4.00 again by June I might be doing MM only and going home to watch the 24hrs.

Registered.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    Driving from ViR to the Fingerlakes Sunday night after Mazda would be a bit much...
    Sign up to do the One Lap of America and you can do such foolishness every night for a week.
    Woody

Sign up to do the One Lap of America and you can do such foolishness every night for a week.
    A dwindling budget has already put an end to it .

The one lap is cool, but do they allow people to do it solo?

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    A dwindling budget has already put an end to it .

The one lap is cool, but do they allow people to do it solo?
    Nope, solo is not allowed. I was told the guy that did the One Lap in a Radical a few years ago did all of the transit driving, and his "co-driver" was only along for the ride. But I don't believe that is physically possible.
    Woody

Ive never been to something like this. What exactly goes on there? I bring my own car and have an instructor ride with me telling me what to do?

In a nutshell, you, and maybe 20 other drivers, are circulating a road course (3.27-mile 17-turn at Virginia International Raceway) in your own car. An experienced instructor is in the right seat teaching you the proper "line", braking and shift points, steering and acceleration techniques. A typical day will have four half-hour session on the track. Classroom instruction will also be provided.
    Here is some information from our website's FAQ section. Note that no skidpad instruction is planned at this time for the VIR Marque Madness event.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org:80/index.ph...=16&Itemid=105
    Let me know if you have more questions.
    Woody
    Woody

<snip>
    A typical day will have four half-hour session on the track.
    <snip>
    Woody
    Is the 4 x 30 min (specifically the 30 min) confirmed? My hesitancy has been due to the previous 20 min sessions (if i recall correctly) in the previous 3 MMs. As much as I love VIR, I've started to back off going down there due to cost and leave requirments for 4 x 20s.

I'm registered for this, I think woody instructed me at the last one 2 years back

Thread Information