Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 10/10/2009 - Driving School @ Jefferson Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    I am not affiliated with this company but I saw them on the paddock and they have photos of the event for sale on their website: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=5407020.
    Almost every photo appears to be tilted about 45 degrees or so. Does anyone know if what you see is what you get, or do you get a picture that is not titled?
    Jeff Steele, 2009 135i, Le Mans Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Motron View Post
    Almost every photo appears to be tilted about 45 degrees or so. Does anyone know if what you see is what you get, or do you get a picture that is not titled?
    I think it's what you see is what you get. I wonder if they haven't been selling enough "traditional" photos and decided they should mix it up.

Have you been through them all? I think most are not tilted.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Have you been through them all? I think most are not tilted.
    Almost all in Group C are tilted. It looks like all the student groups are predominately tilted, but the instructors group photos are not.

I contacted the photographer and he said that what you see is what you get. I guess the tilted photos could be rotated in Photoshop, but that seems like a lot of effort. I ended up ordering three photos that, while tilted, are not too bad.
    Jeff Steele, 2009 135i, Le Mans Blue

I meant to do this earlier but I just wanted to thank the event organizers for a safe, educational and extremely well-run HPDE over the weekend. This was my first time on an actual race track and I must say I was a little overwhelmed by it all and under-drove my car. I think that a less patient instructor would have smacked me upside the helmet and it's a testament to David Miller's patience that he let me drive and learn at my own pace and comfort level. Thanks also to my skid pad coach Jeff Mohan, who introduced me to understeer (I am already on a first name basis with oversteer) and let me spin out a couple of times. While a career in Formula 1 is probably not in my future, I am looking forward to more HPDEs and pushing the limits of both my car and my driving.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Mike: I enjoyed working with you and look forward to seeing you next time.

Photos

Almost all in Group C are tilted. It looks like all the student groups are predominately tilted, but the instructors group photos are not.
    Hmmm. I wonder if that has to do with on-track driving experience.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder if that has to do with on-track driving experience.

Hummmm, knowing the instructor cadre, I would expect their pictures to be tilted....
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Thread Information