Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Well the cobras, and you(?) are on r-compounds which I'm sure helped. I was also on the gas until I crossed the finish lights. After my first run plowing thru the finish I had to lift off before crossing the line so I could stop in time. I can't really do any more with brakes. I have good pads, ss lines, slotted rotors, heavy springs(probably heavier than the cobras and my car dosen't weight much), and one of the best set of street tires available. I had no problems locking the brakes up, at that point it was a matter of grip to save me. Unfortuneatly, I cannot get a bigger brake kit in my class for scca and abs probably would have helped in this case.
    But w/e, all said and done it was fun. Hopefully next time it can be made a bit more
    open.
    I agree. If set up correctly, you had a straight shot going through the last 3 gates, but I would lay off the throttle at or just beyond the last gate before the stop box. I definitely didn't want to risk a dnf for a couple more tenths. Great fun and course design, though! Those tight turns around the islands really killed my boost for the following straights, but I tried to make up for it by maintaining as much speed as possible in the sweepers and fast chicane.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    Here is a couple of pics...Gatta Love the Metallic Blue
    Hey, I didn't get the memo about blue E46s running in the PM session!
    Last edited by agreatham; 03-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    ...I wish the island straighteners had been maybe 20% less tight, but in retrospect, that may have meant some bent rims for at least 2 cars in the morning heat.
    And at least one in the PM I wiped the cone wall out before the second set of islands pretty good. Took down four there, I think. It's pretty bad when they have to hold start so the course reconstruction crew can do it's thing

I had a good time yesterday. Great weather, and I liked the course. I agree that the stop box was a little sketchy for people getting through what was essentially one last sweeper fast. It was just another challenge. As someone else noted, it was nice for the newer drivers to not have to devote too much processing power to where the course was going. Many people don't seem to like Bowie, but the grip is good, the parking and grid situations are good, you can see the entire course (and hear times outside the car) during your own heat. Sweepers like that are fun and they aren't happening at MSP or Summit Point. I'm looking forward to what Waldorf has to offer.

In the end, I wasn't able to keep up with Scott in T2. I have video of my first run, but I haven't figured out yet how to edit out my NSFW commentary after taking down the Nemesis (cone at the end of the slalom that got me and most everyone else). It's not pretty.

It was also nice to see all of the students from the school out there having fun. It feels good to know we got 'em off and running.
    Last edited by ronh21; 03-21-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Well the cobras, and you(?) are on r-compounds which I'm sure helped. I was also on the gas until I crossed the finish lights. After my first run plowing thru the finish I had to lift off before crossing the line so I could stop in time. I can't really do any more with brakes. I have good pads, ss lines, slotted rotors, heavy springs(probably heavier than the cobras and my car dosen't weight much), and one of the best set of street tires available. I had no problems locking the brakes up, at that point it was a matter of grip to save me. Unfortuneatly, I cannot get a bigger brake kit in my class for scca and abs probably would have helped in this case.

As woodym3 said, maybe just pull the last part of the course into the lot a little more and allow for a little longer stop box.

But w/e, all said and done it was fun. Hopefully next time it can be made a bit more
    open.
    lol...if Darius can stop the land-yacht with bad brakes (I know they're bad, I've owned one), everyone can!

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    lol...if Darius can stop the land-yacht with bad brakes (I know they're bad, I've owned one), everyone can!

He was having lock-itis like I was yesterday. Just about every run coming into the final very slow left hander after the right hand sweeper, he was smoke screening.

This noob a great time out on my first autocross. Thanks guys for the ride-alongs and tips. I am already looking forward to next months event.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    And at least one in the PM I wiped the cone wall out before the second set of islands pretty good. Took down four there, I think. It's pretty bad when they have to hold start so the course reconstruction crew can do it's thing

I had a good time yesterday. Great weather, and I liked the course. I agree that the stop box was a little sketchy for people getting through what was essentially one last sweeper fast. It was just another challenge. As someone else noted, it was nice for the newer drivers to not have to devote too much processing power to where the course was going. Many people don't seem to like Bowie, but the grip is good, the parking and grid situations are good, you can see the entire course (and hear times outside the car) during your own heat. Sweepers like that are fun and they aren't happening at MSP or Summit Point. I'm looking forward to what Waldorf has to offer.

In the end, I wasn't able to keep up with Scott in T2. I have video of my first run, but I haven't figured out yet how to edit out my NSFW commentary after taking down the Nemesis. It's not pretty.

It was also nice to see all of the students from the school out there having fun. It feels good to know we got 'em off and running.
    I am jealous of you guys in T2 seems like the most competitive group to run with and a good bunch of guys, even if I can't run in the same class that is still how I will try and guage my overall result. What if I bought some BMW badges.

As woodym3 said, maybe just pull the last part of the course into the lot a little more and allow for a little longer stop box.

open.
    I was on my $50 craigslist tires. HA HA HA.

Just giving you a hard time. I know you were driving the snot out of the finish area.

Here's my video. Since I don't know the exact times or cones I just put estimates. I see a couple areas I could have improved on but nothing too significant. Lack of power killed me after the second crossover going up the hill . Didn't get my second run, camera shut off from the launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTv3N4RQl4

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Here's my video. Since I don't know the exact times or cones I just put estimates. I see a couple areas I could have improved on but nothing too significant. Lack of power killed me after the second crossover going up the hill . Didn't get my second run, camera shut off from the launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTv3N4RQl4
    watching your video, particularly the part at that last hairpin before the finish section, makes me doubly angry at how badly I fubar'd that turn on my last two (fastest) runs and lost at least a second on both over taking the correct line like you did

anyone have a link to the results page (even if they're not posted yet)? I can't find where results are for anything....

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    anyone have a link to the results page (even if they're not posted yet)? I can't find where results are for anything....
    Not posted yet. Maybe by tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Not posted yet. Maybe by tonight.
    Your wish is now granted. Results available at www.nccautocross.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Your wish is now granted. Results available at www.nccautocross.com
    Any idea why I'm not granted access to that link? I'm a member and logged in.....

Quote Originally Posted by drq2q View Post
    Any idea why I'm not granted access to that link? I'm a member and logged in.....
    No idea. Can you view it here: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?117

Thread Information