Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/26/2012 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 05/26/2012 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

What did James run in X1?

Low 32s. Maybe even 32.1 I think.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Warning: Bench Racing....

I wonder if I could have gotten into the 30's? Was there any problems with the masses at the dog thing?

no problems with the dog masses other than the occasional burst of terrible dog smell hitting the paddock. Also is the correction thread up yet? There's some problems with the X2 results (two bmw 325is and a corvette that ran am and pm )

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post

I wonder if I could have gotten into the 30's?
    You've got good HP and good gearing (there was one stretch where I was just touching the MX5's rev limiter). If you did I wouldn't be surprised.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

I pulled off a 32.0 on my final non comp run.

See here:

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    I pulled off a 32.0 on my final non comp run.

See here:

Yea, your final run(seemed like about 7 or so!) was more aggressive from my work station, i didn't think that heat would ever end. And a Q45 and giant Jag to add to the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Love the quick turnaround with the results. Course was good considering what we had to deal with.

I think the club needs to be a little more proactive when it comes to calming down/parking participants who decide to put on drift events or otherwise noticeably overdrive their skill levels with spectacularly bad results on a more-than-random basis. The Jaguar looked decent out there when it was under control, but when it wasn't, it was embarrassing to the whole NCC program. It's bad enough to just chuck away the thought of getting a good time and cutting loose to see how far one can hang the tail out, but big smoky spins in front of an audience of dog expo attendees is not going to cast the club, and autocross in general, in a good light. Do it at Bowie and you're looking at an accident scene.

I'm sure NCC would hate to lose this site, and I know Autocrossers Inc would hate to lose this site, but take people who might already be predisposed to dislike autocross for forcing them to park in grass and put on a display of irresponsible driving for them, and we look like an amateur operation that doesn't have to be there to them. Those people go to the stadium management and say "we had to park in a field because you allowed a reckless driving club?" and that might be all it takes.

None of this even takes into account causing unnecessary delays on a hot day and forcing course workers to pick up the mess that was made.
    I agree completely. It's fun to watch, but the risks to the clubs who use the site are high.

Jim

Love the quick turnaround with the results. Course was good considering what we had to deal with.

I think the club needs to be a little more proactive when it comes to calming down/parking participants who decide to put on drift events or otherwise noticeably overdrive their skill levels with spectacularly bad results on a more-than-random basis. The Jaguar looked decent out there when it was under control, but when it wasn't, it was embarrassing to the whole NCC program. It's bad enough to just chuck away the thought of getting a good time and cutting loose to see how far one can hang the tail out, but big smoky spins in front of an audience of dog expo attendees is not going to cast the club, and autocross in general, in a good light. Do it at Bowie and you're looking at an accident scene.

I'm sure NCC would hate to lose this site, and I know Autocrossers Inc would hate to lose this site, but take people who might already be predisposed to dislike autocross for forcing them to park in grass and put on a display of irresponsible driving for them, and we look like an amateur operation that doesn't have to be there to them. Those people go to the stadium management and say "we had to park in a field because you allowed a reckless driving club?" and that might be all it takes.

None of this even takes into account causing unnecessary delays on a hot day and forcing course workers to pick up the mess
    I agree 100% with Alan (and Jim). Its been a while since I've driven with NCC, but I was telling a fellow new participant that I got my start at NCC and that it is reputable, safe and a great group. I hope we can ensure that this endures - both in how we perceive ourselves, and how others perceive us.

Great stuff Alan.

Thank you from a first timer.

I just wanted to thank all the organizers for a fun event. This was my first points event. The timing issues stretched out the day a little but what a great way to spend a day with a down to earth and experienced group who made all feel welcome. I learned a lot by walking the course with AJ and watching the experienced participants and their runs. Hope to do more of these in the future.

Kelvin

None of this even takes into account causing unnecessary delays on a hot day and forcing course workers to pick up the mess that was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    I agree 100% with Alan (and Jim). Its been a while since I've driven with NCC, but I was telling a fellow new participant that I got my start at NCC and that it is reputable, safe and a great group. I hope we can ensure that this endures - both in how we perceive ourselves, and how others perceive us.

Great stuff Alan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHarris View Post
    I agree completely. It's fun to watch, but the risks to the clubs who use the site are high.

Jim

We hear you and we will address this. Thanks for your input and your support!!

Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    I just wanted to thank all the organizers for a fun event. This was my first points event. The timing issues stretched out the day a little but what a great way to spend a day with a down to earth and experienced group who made all feel welcome. I learned a lot by walking the course with AJ and watching the experienced participants and their runs. Hope to do more of these in the future.

Kelvin
    Glad you had a good time and we hope to see you again soon!

We had some glitches with the sun effecting our timing lights and the generator taking a dive on us. Add that to the timing display giving up the ghost in the morning. But I think we came through it and we will get everything sorted. Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post

I wonder if I could have gotten into the 30's? Was there any problems with the masses at the dog thing?

I think you have a higher top speed in 2nd gear than i do. I am still working on that now that i have the 18's on the rear i have more of a top speed.

If i drove better the car had 31s for sure and with your longer gear i'd imagine you could have shaved off even more. So bench racing you possibly could have gotten to the 30's but we will never know. It was the reason i was hoping you'd show to get an idea of where my car is. Luckly there were people there i could compare too. Still need more tweaking though.
    My last run the tires must have overheated as i ended up spinning twice then the afternoon i let other people drive the car and let people ride along since it was non-comp. I wanted to save the tires.

Here is my best run i think.

http://youtu.be/Tz_l6yjs_KQ
    (Sorry i didnt edit out the long beginning vid starts at 1:33)

Also i asked james and he said he was hundredths off my time when he checked. So like 32.27 or something

I can do 66mph in 2nd on 315's and point of explosion red line....

Oh then we actually have the same top speed then.

Thread Information