Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/24/2012 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/24/2012 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

03/24/2012 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

By etherpool at 2010-02-21

NCC Autocross would like to announce our first points event of the year on March 24th, 2012. It will be held at:

Regency Furniture Stadium
    11765 St Linus Drive
    Waldorf, MD 20602

Registration opens 8:00 AM on Saturday, February 25th, 2012. You can register online, ahead of time, and get a $5 discount. Online registration is highly encouraged and save you from waiting in line! Or, if it’s a last minute decision, you can still walk-up. Walk-up registrations will be for PM session only! Registration closes 12:00 PM on Friday, March 23rd, 2012.

Event Pricing:

Members:
    Online registration is $30.00. Walk-up registration is $35.00 for members (PM Session Only!)

Non-Members:
    Online registration is $40.00. Walk-up registration is $45.00 for members (PM Session Only!)

All Day Session (Online Registration Only!):
    Members: $45.00. Non-Members: $60.00

Please register using Motorsport Reg here. Online registrations are done securely. Walk-ups are limited!!!

The NCC Autocross program uses a BMW-centric customized classing structure which pits your BMW or MINI against similar performance models in 3 levels of trim: Showroom, Tuner, and Modified. There is also a simple classing structure for non-BMW competitors. You can check out the full details at nccautocross.com.

Our program is beginner friendly, offering in-car instruction, guided course walks, and a dedicated group of organizers who are happy to answer any questions you might have or show you the ropes. Also, there are free loaner helmets available for use, so if you don't have your own helmet there is no need to go out and buy or rent one just to get a few fun runs in!

We have made significant improvements this year including a new timing system. So whether you're a longtime BMWCCA veteran or never been to an autocross before, come check it all out online at our website: www.nccautocross.com

Please contact us at info@nccautocross.com with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions. And check out our message board message board at nccautocross.com to discuss the event with other attendees!

See you on the 24th and thank you for autocrossing with us!!

Event Schedule:

7:45 AM - Facility Opens to the Public
    8:00 AM - Tech Inspection Opens
    8:45 AM - Tech Inspection Closes/Course Opens for Walk
    9:10 AM - Drivers Meeting (AM Session)
    9:20 AM - Grid Cars (AM Session)
    9:30 AM - First Car Off (AM Session)
    11:45 AM - Tech Inspection Opens (PM Session)
    12:00 PM - Course Cold (AM Session)
    12:00 PM - Registration Opens for Walk-Up Registrations
    12:15 PM - Tech Inspection Closes/Course Opens for Walk
    12:30 PM - Drivers Meeting (PM Session)
    12:45 PM - First Car Off (PM Session)
    3:30 PM - Course Cold (PM Session)

Driver entry list can be found here: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...8923EAFB12EA58

*As always, event schedule is subject to change. Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
    Last edited by etherpool; 03-21-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Season subscriptions are still available until Friday, March 23rd, 2012!

So what is this challenge? Has anything been thought of? I'd like to see something work!

I'm gonna pay for the season subscription for both the AM&PM sessions. I'm almost finished the suspension overhaul on the '95 M3, so looking forward to testing/tweeking it out on the 24th. Might have fun on one of the doubles and borrow Walka's trailer and bring the Jeep and M. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Walka View Post
    So what is this challenge? Has anything been thought of? I'd like to see something work!
    I have no idea how any of that is gonna work. I've kinda turned it over to AJ so whatever he and Eric want to do is good with us. Check out the FB page for updates. http://www.facebook.com/NccAutocross?filter=2

From the A.I. Facebook page
    "We're looking at just using the SCCA class for the final challenge. Since any NCC BMW team member will be running the AI event the next day, we'll know what SCCA class they would be in. Then, it's just a matter of figuring out how everyone would have done on Saturday if SCCA classes were used."

So the A.I. members running at the BMW event will have to class their cars using the BMW classing but for the challenge we will calculate the SCCA PAX into the times for the competitors who are involved. For Sunday at the A.I. event, the BMW members will have to class their cars using the SCCA rules and we'll just follow PAX as normal. I suppose the best PAX timed run from each day will be added up for each competitor and the club who wins may be the one with the most competitors in the top positions. Say top 5, if BMW has 1st, 3rd, and 4th place or w/e combination in PAX, BMW would be named the winner. That's my take on it atleast. We'll figure it out, it's not a big deal anyways. All just for fun.

Soooooo this leaves us building our BMW team! Who wants to represent BMW??

I would run for BMW but at the same time I don't feel it is fair since I'm designing the course and will likely be taking a few test runs through it before the event starts. So unless A.I. members don't care, I guess I may consider my self out of the competition.

If anyone has any classing questions for the SCCA classes, feel free to ask.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    From the A.I. Facebook page

Soooooo this leaves us building our BMW team! Who wants to represent BMW??

If anyone has any classing questions for the SCCA classes, feel free to ask.
    Count me in, for fun sake. I will need to figure out how to class my car in SCCA.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Are you running the E36? With the mod list in your sig?

If you're on street tires with that car, I believe STU class. If you are on the RA1's, I believe DSP class.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

He's in BSP with me.....

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    He's in BSP with me.....
    Now, Mike. I am not BSP. You will just kick my butt, if I'm in BSP (though, I do recall running with you at AI in BSP).
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

The Datsun is ready after its long haul back and forth from Dixie...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6831977476_4f3bedde55_b.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	1572

Caris quite a bit quicker than the last time it was out at an NCC event.

I think I would like to do this as well... first timer here in America and with BMWCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    I think I would like to do this as well... first timer here in America and with BMWCCA
    Welcome to the states! See you on Saturday.

So its a 100% go. Question though, the rules generally are no ride alongs right? As in my wife could not ride along with me.

The couple events I've done with NCC....I have given ride alongs on nearly every run.

Thread Information