Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Window tinting didn't go so well... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Window tinting didn't go so well...

What's tinting ususally run, ballpark?
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by neatloaf View Post
    Funny you say that about the computer cuts. I've always brought up to D&L how the matrix bubbles are a problem for me. For my other car I've even had them re-cut it so that the dots aren't touched. It works fine and there is no border of light that bothers me.

Why can't this be done right? I've seen many BMWs that have tint with no issues with the dot matrix borders.
    i've never had any problems tinting over matrix bubbles. if its done right with right amount of pressure it will stick jus fine....

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    I think they are dirt bubbles because they are tiny. They asked me if the car had ever reen in an accident and had welding work done on the inside because they thought it was welding arc piting. First time I ever heard that one. If you saw my car, it is either unlikely that there was welding work to damaged bodywork, or they did the best job EVER. My general opinion is that whoever at that shop did my tint, was just plain lazy. You would think that having a job on a Bimmer would have them wanting to do their best showoff work. I mean, they sure didn't hesitate to slap their sticker on the bottom of the rear window. I leave it there so that people can see who did the crappy work for themselves. Like I said, I am about ready to just pay a different shop to remove the current tint and do it over again. I think I will take it in and just ask, "Can you do a better job than this? If not, don't waste my time.". Anyone who is at Pubdawg tonight can see what I mean.
    if its dirt they have to do it over. very easy to feel if its dirt. u are not satisfied and it should be taken care of right away. i dont get how some of these shops would rather loose a slew of clients over a few bux to re-tint. film is not that expensive, jus fix it, keep people happy and move on. i had a tint shop do my VW and they ended up cutting/trimming the rubber gasket around rear windows. so i guess be very happy this didnt happen to u. i use to lay tint so im very familiar w/process. dont be cheap about it get the best u can afford.
    Got petrol?

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    What's tinting ususally run, ballpark?
    Depends on they type of material used. For my 03 M3 Vert it was $150 for normal tint and $250 for the carbon tint.

That's not bad at all.
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    That's not bad at all.
    Mine ended up being about $250 for my 540, but as I said, it's a pretty whack job. I guess I should have shopped around more, but to be honest, I never thought about the dot matrix being a possible problem. So now I am looking for referrals on shops that have done proper tint jobs on a car with dot matrix. Seems to be a few in this thread. If you are thinking of tinting and considering a place in Glen Burnie, drop me a PM and I'll surely tell you where NOT to go.

Mine ended up being about $250 for my 540, but as I said, it's a pretty whack job. I guess I should have shopped around more, but to be honest, I never thought about the dot matrix being a possible problem. So now I am looking for referrals on shops that have done proper tint jobs on a car with dot matrix. Seems to be a few in this thread. If you are thinking of tinting and considering a place in Glen Burnie, drop me a PM and I'll surely tell you where NOT to go.
    dot matrix is usually only a problem when you have a lot of it. on my e92, there's about 2-3 inches across the top of the rear window. most cars have maybe a quarter inch border around the entire window which i would agree thats nothing. when you have a big area of dot matrix, the tint has a hard time adhering b/c all it can stick to is the raised dots. it looks REALLY bad too when it dries, although some installers will tell you let it dry a few days
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

There were a few shops I looked at a while back. None left any feeling of confidence. I could have sworn the employees at one shop were doing bong hits in the back.
    Supercharged '03 530

When I was a kid my dad told me to get $hit done locally, because in case life happens and something does not go as planned you don't have to go back, meaning walk for 20 miles up a hill in 60 feet of snow with no shoes.

Uber - your dad was a smart guy. I am considering a shop in Annapolis called Winners Tinting for my hubby's 535xi. The price quote I got was $219 for the carbon tint. I am going to ask about how they handle tinting over the dot matrix since the shop I used did not.
    09 328i, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Comfort Access
    09 535xi, Nav, Cold Weather & Prem., Sirius/XM

Thread Information