Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Annual AutoX Meeting - Febuary 5th - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2011) Annual AutoX Meeting - Febuary 5th

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    So if I did 1 or 2 autocrosses a year for several years back in the 70s I'd be in Advanced, but if I started in February, done several schools and 21 autocrosses so far this year I'd be in Beginner? Hypothetical of course, but not as easy to classify as you suggest.
    Woody, I think the system from last year was fine, I have no complaints with it. I thought that experience might be a good divider; I agree it might be hard to implement. I'd have no problem sticking with last year's system as it was. Just threw the concept of experience-based classes out for people to consider; perhaps that might work as a way to move up (or down) a degree in combination with the existing class system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    Woody, I think the system from last year was fine, I have no complaints with it. I thought that experience might be a good divider; I agree it might be hard to implement. I'd have no problem sticking with last year's system as it was. Just threw the concept of experience-based classes out for people to consider; perhaps that might work as a way to move up (or down) a degree in combination with the existing class system.
    Ethan, to be honest, you're already in the beginners section. Small regional competition (BMWCCA, PCA, CDC, etc), these are places where new folks can cut their teeth in a very low stress environment. Splitting it up at this level would be fairly moot. AI splits up their competition because they have a way to segregate people within their "Novice" ranks, which is the SCCA Pax'ing scale.

While "experience" can be important, I don't think it is a good way to class drivers. I have known people that autocrossed regularily for years and they were still as slow as the typical first timer. And I have known people that were quick out of the box and were class champions against stiff competition their first year.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

... And I have known people that were quick out of the box and were class champions against stiff competition their first year.
    Those people probably just bought real easy to drive cars. Cheaters.

Hey Woody, I'm looking for a new challenge. Want to co-drive my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid sedan this season? I think it'd be X1, but I'm not positive (1.3L gas, 156 volt 15 kW elec motors). Then we could seriously harass anyone we can beat.

If I stay in my BMW this season, I'm going to have to move to M2. I've been working on it a little.

If it has anything like the acceleration of the Tesla I drove, it might do pretty well. But I think you'd have more fun in the M3. If you bring it out to one event, I'd be glad to take the Honda out for one run.
    Woody

I say you bring it, id be interested to see how it doea

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    I say you bring it, id be interested to see how it doea
    I have some r-comps we can fit it with. We can get it running some decent times.

Maybe I'm missisng something. I see the meeting is on Willow Oaks Drive. But. . . . Baltimore, Manassas, DC ????

Oh, and don't forget to set the DVR for the Daytona Continental Tire Challenge race which on on Speed at 3:00pm.
    Woody

Maybe I'm missisng something. I see the meeting is on Willow Oaks Drive. But. . . . Baltimore, Manassas, DC ????

Oh, and don't forget to set the DVR for the Daytona Continental Tire Challenge race which on on Speed at 3:00pm.
    And it might be a good idea to post a phone number if it's stated "Call me if you have any issues getting there" - just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Those people probably just bought real easy to drive cars. Cheaters.

Hey Woody, I'm looking for a new challenge. Want to co-drive my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid sedan this season? I think it'd be X1, but I'm not positive (1.3L gas, 156 volt 15 kW elec motors). Then we could seriously harass anyone we can beat.

If I stay in my BMW this season, I'm going to have to move to M2. I've been working on it a little.
    Coming to the dark side? What ya doing to make it tuner ineligible?

Meeting Address

It looks like the address is:
    Transwestern
    8280 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr
    Fairfax, VA 22031
    Febuary 5th, 1PM
    Lower Level Conf Room

You can call me at 443-994-6347 as well. I'll have Doug post up his number.
    Phil Yates
    Last edited by etherpool; 02-03-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Wrong time

Yikes... Count me out if it's in Fairfax.. Little to far for me. Oh well..

I'm also out, can't get to VA at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    I'm also out, can't get to VA at that time.
    Sorry, I should have said 1PM. My military time=not so good!

Finally, an event in Virginia (besides the social).
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Thread Information