Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD

(2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD

Registration has just opened for the third event in the NCC Autocross season! The NCC Autocross program is targeted towards the first timer as well as the more experienced autocrosser. More information about the program can be found on our website at: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?optio...id=7&Itemid=25

To register for our third event click the following link: http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?view=...list&Itemid=26

The event promotes a great social gathering of all ages and all cars. Bring your car right from the showroom, or take your project out of the garage for a spin around the cones, in a safe manner provided by our experienced NCCBMWCCA AutoX committee.

Please don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else in the Autocross committee with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions and do everything in our power so that you may have a great experience with your car and have lots of fun at the same time.

Hope to see you there,
    Anders Skandsen

Already registered. Can't wait!

So what's the over-under on this event being a wet one, too? Hahaha

Also registered!

This year has been the year of rain, both AutoX and trackdays. NASA last weekend was my first all dry event. Though not fun outside the car, I think you learn a lot from running in the wet, and it is like Bob Varsha says on tv "it's the great equalizer".

Registered in the PM. Getting sick of all the PM guys getting a dry course while the rest of us plow around in our boats!

What traction control?

Smile

Hey, don't crowd the afternoon. Isn't enough we allow the early bird to get the worm.

Registered..... PM of course. BTW, it was great to see a handfull of Z3's this weekend representing. Hope to see more next time, winning would be good too. I, for one, will be doing my best. Look out REACH, I'm coming to get ya. If you can stay out of the mud.

Registered for PM....... i had so much fun at my first autocross (yesterday at Summit Point) that i think i am going to sign up for every other autocross event here!

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Hey, don't crowd the afternoon. Isn't enough we allow the early bird to get the worm.
    I think those who were signed up for afternon (2nd group) last 2 events got better times just because of the course condition. The difference was significant even between 1st and 2nd group from afternoon sessions.

Luckily, next event is not at Summit Point, so I hope we will not have to take out our boats

BTW.. Are there any boaters here?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Registered in the PM. Getting sick of all the PM guys getting a dry course while the rest of us plow around in our boats!
    I'm still hoping for the after-lunch torrential downpour to make all this suffering in the AM groups worthwhile, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by mf44 View Post
    I'm still hoping for the after-lunch torrential downpour to make all this suffering in the AM groups worthwhile, hahaha.
    I'm going to monitor the conditions and change accordingly!

What traction control?

Alright you AM'ers, now I'm going to start signing up for the AM instead of PM so I can take advantage of that cool grip-ier asphalt. Yoda told me.."June 13, dry it will be..yyyeeeeeeessss.. dry it will be."

...and no one questions Yoda!

The fact is: PM has a MUCH better statistical advantage over AM.

PM will always be warmer, both due to temperature and morning runs.
    PM will be more dry unless it is raining about half way through the AM session or immediately after. Even if it starts raining half way through PM, you still have 2 runs that were in much better conditions than the morning.

It is more likely that it is not raining at any given time than it is raining (not including statistics from this season so far), so if it rained any time from afternoon the day before until the start of the AM session, PM is the winner. AM is only the winner if it's actively raining during that 2 hour slot.

I don't think people should choose AM if they are gambling for best probable conditions. They will lose more times than not.

I've signed up and can't wait!

Thread Information