Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Any Interest In A Skidpad Day?

View Poll Results: Are You Interested In A Skidpad Day?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm Interested

55 88.71%
  • No, Not This Time

7 11.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Interest In A Skidpad Day?

Any Interest In A Skidpad Day?

So our last informal event, the test & tune, received some good feedback, and I'm trying to think outside the box with new event ideas ...

Would you be interested in a skidpad day? To keep costs reasonable, it would need to be on a weekday (maybe another Friday?) and we could probably host it at the Washington Circuit at Summit Point. Considering that venue and if we could find 20 participants, the cost would work to about $65 per person. Obviously the cost would be higher with less people lower with more people. I don't see any reason why we couldn't have 2 or 3 skidpads going at the same time either as there's plenty of room.

Thoughts? Interest? Comments?

I'm attaching a poll to this thread to - please respond so that I can get a feeler for this event.

Definitely up for this just let me know the date wayyyyyy in advance so I can make sure I can get it off.

I'd love to but I think I've used my "trade work for autocross" days this year!!

Wet skid pad? Do we have water access like at Sykesville?

I would be interested, but would need some advance notification with work and all. And if there are not enough people for the $65 rate, I would be willing to pay more...

Interested

that would be great

Count two to three cars in i'll get my guys to vote as well. Thanks Tommy

I would be interested.

How about a half day of skid pad and the other half of autocross?

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
    That might be a bit much for a day, but I'd be up for playing on a skidpad certainly.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Voted no, only because I need an instructor with me to properly help me with a skidpad day, and a full day of only skidpad time would do a number on my car.

FYI from experience, make sure you bring at least an extra quart of oil and go both ways around the skidpad equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    ...a full day of only skidpad time would do a number on my car.

FYI from experience, make sure you bring at least an extra quart of oil and go both ways around the skidpad equally.
    Wha-wha-what??! How does the skidpad do a "number" on a car? There's virtually no tire wear because the pad is so slick, and you're not doing over 30 mph so there's no chance of hitting anything. And, from all my time on the skidpad, I've never seen my oil level drop. Check your car, bud...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

We had a skid pad day there two winters ago. It was a BLAST. I have been trying to get to one since. It was one of the best learning experiences I can remember. That was when I had an open diff. Can't wait to go now!!

Oh, if it gets approved, can we vote on a particular day???

Quote Originally Posted by mscire2 View Post
    Definitely up for this just let me know the date wayyyyyy in advance so I can make sure I can get it off.
    Just tell Sam that he can't take any more trips to NJ on motorsport days

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    I'd love to but I think I've used my "trade work for autocross" days this year!!
    Lame excuse #4593848759

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Wet skid pad? Do we have water access like at Sykesville?
    It's crude, but last time that I talked with Jens we could have access to a water truck for monsoon wetness. (or we can just do a rain dance?) I was thinking about having 1/2 wet skidpads and 1 dry skidpad (weather pending) - there's some of us who would like to finish some tires off in a smokey death.

Quote Originally Posted by prentissra View Post
    I would be interested, but would need some advance notification with work and all. And if there are not enough people for the $65 rate, I would be willing to pay more...
    Thanks - how much notice is sufficient for your workplace? 3-4 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by jongchen View Post
    that would be great
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    Count two to three cars in i'll get my guys to vote as well. Thanks Tommy
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbmw View Post
    I would be interested.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
    I think logistically that would be quite difficult to organize. It's much simpler and easier to host small events if it's not too complicated. I'd like to keep this idea as a dedicated skidpad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    That might be a bit much for a day, but I'd be up for playing on a skidpad certainly.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    Wha-wha-what??! How does the skidpad do a "number" on a car? There's virtually no tire wear because the pad is so slick, and you're not doing over 30 mph so there's no chance of hitting anything. And, from all my time on the skidpad, I've never seen my oil level drop. Check your car, bud...
    And we all know that the Washington Circuit turns to ice when it's wet.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    We had a skid pad day there two winters ago. It was a BLAST. I have been trying to get to one since. It was one of the best learning experiences I can remember. That was when I had an open diff. Can't wait to go now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Oh, if it gets approved, can we vote on a particular day???
    Honestly, I'm at the mercy of when the facility is available. I need to make sure that we can get enough people interested and I'll start getting dates. Oh, and it's 'approved' as long as we gather enough interest to make it financially responsible. So spread the word to anyone that would be interested.

Thread Information