Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
23 yr BMWCCA member

Thread: 23 yr BMWCCA member

23 yr BMWCCA member

Hi folks,

I've been a member since 1999, when I picked up a 1995 E36 M3, Dakar yellow on black. I named her Gretchen. She had the few options I require (heated seats, a sunroof and a stick) and I slowly modded her for racing (which really means; as parts needed replacing, I installed race-worthy replacements). I drove her daily for 13 years, finally selling her in 2016 (which I regret daily) with 190k miles! I was her second owner.

Meanwhile, in 2012 I picked up a 2006 E53 X5 with a sunroof AND A STICK, silver on black. I named him Rolf and drove him daily until this year (he remains in the garage with 93K miles and I'm regrettably thinking of selling him). This was the last year a stick was offered, the last year of the E53 and a special individual order car for BMW Munich where he spent his first two years. I'm his second owner.

Just two months ago, after terrible family losses I decided to admit that we could be taken any day from this life, so I selfishly went out and bought a 2016 M4 Competition, Silverstone on Sakhir orange/black. I named her Ursula. She is fully loaded (except for self-parking and ceramic brakes) and had the most expensive boxes checked for every option. I'm her second owner.

I've always been a quiet member in the CCA and have rarely attending events as my wife and I own and operate a busy creative consultancy (her expertise is marketing and communications, mine is product development and manufacturing). Our time seems filled with work, two kids in college, some real estate ventures and lots of travel.

Honestly, the most reliable perk for my membership has been the monthly Roundel, communications with Satch and guidance from Mike Miller. I'm always looking to add to my knowledge base!

Nice to be here!
    Scott

Welcome, from a 40-year member! There are a number of great events coming up - hope you can make it out.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks John. It's quiet in here!

Thread Information