Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Car inspections; helmet purchase - where??

Thread: Car inspections; helmet purchase - where??

Car inspections; helmet purchase - where??

Gang, I've checked the FAQs and it seems OK to start a new thread looking for current, updated info. First: recommendations for a reliable, Alexandria/Arlington area BMW shop that is trusted and won't rip us off to do the pre-track day car inspection? (PS: I have a 2007 335i with 6400 miles. Not exactly a basket case.) Second: Northern Virginia shops we can go to to try on/buy a properly rated helmet that will be good for the next few years?

Suggestions: please?? Thanks.

There's a link in the DS acceptance packet that has a list of shops that will do the inspection free.

Currys Auto will, they get all my other auto business as well.

OG Racing

OG Racing has helmets. They are out by Dulles.

http://www.ogracing.com/pages/Home

I can recommend OG Racing for your helmet needs.

J & F Motors on South Four Mile Run in Arlington

Grant Randall's Alexandria Bavaria Service on Jeff Davis Hwy in Alexandria

Bill Shook's Kraftwagon off of Edsall Rd in Alexandria.

For helmets OG Racing near Dulles is the only place for SA approved helmets.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Great info...thanks to All....

Smile Car pre-inspection for the track

Jim:

I used London Auto Services, Ltd, 7718 Lee Highway, Falls Church (703-560-6975) for my inspection. They are one of the listed shops & close to my house in Annandale. I was pleased with them. Talk to Tom Baruch or Nick Vadala. One of them is a track instructor.

Dennis Follett

Jim, does your model have an oil cooler? What track are you heading to?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I can strongly recommend Funktion Auto.

Just as an FYI update, stopped by J&F on Four Mile Run today (about a 2 miles from my house). For a drivers' school tech inspection they need $118. "Takes the technician about an hour," I was told...which I don't doubt. But....

stock 335 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Jim, does your model have an oil cooler? What track are you heading to?

To add to my J&F comment: No. My 335i 2007 Coupe is bog-stock, except for BBS-CH/RE-01 wheel set. Only has 6400 miles on the clock. Track will be Aug 2,3 Shenandoah/Summit Point amusement park. Hmmm. To be honest, I don't know...does the 335i have an oil cooler? But anyway...the point is, other than the wheels/tires (and I might put the OE set back on if running class issues become an issue), this is a stock Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Hmmm. To be honest, I don't know...does the 335i have an oil cooler? But anyway...the point is, other than the wheels/tires (and I might put the OE set back on if running class issues become an issue), this is a stock Coupe.
    I thought 335s now got oil coolers standard.
    I wouldn't worry about tires, I'd be more concerned about your engine.
    Check to see if you have the oil cooler.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Oil cooler - 335i Coupe

will do

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Just as an FYI update, stopped by J&F on Four Mile Run today (about a 2 miles from my house). For a drivers' school tech inspection they need $118.
    Hm. That's a rip off. Dan Martin's shop in Gaithersburg does it for free (I always gave the mechanic a $20 tip).

It takes 20 minutes. Going over a car for DE boils down to brake system check, tires, solid mounts for drive train components, steering and suspension bolts, interior safety, and fluid levels.
    Scott Lowrey

Banned
    No way is it a rip off. Shop is using lift time where they can be making money. Track inspections should be coordinated with having other work done at the shop. Now its nice some shops still do it as a courtesy but club members also need to be courteous too and give the shop some business and not take advantage of their generosity.

I always had an oil change and scheduled a brake fluid change or something minor along with the track inspections. Like changing the tranny fluid, diff fluid or flushing the radiator. Although I always believed when I was ds coordinator that everyone should run just water and water wetter
    in their cooling systems for drivers schools.

Could you afford to give an hour fo your time or your employees time away? Especially in today's economy?

Dave Apker and the collies Duncan and Kate

Thread Information