Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Can I Leave My Valve Stem Caps Off?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Can I Leave My Valve Stem Caps Off?

(2009) Can I Leave My Valve Stem Caps Off?

OK this may be a dumb question, but can I leave the stem caps off during autocross?

At the autox school we learned all about adjusting our tire pressures, and since there isn't a ton of down time between runs, it seems like leaving the caps off would be a good idea. Do they serve any purpose other than to keep gunk out of the valve?

Caps prevent others from easily tampering with your air pressure.

I don't see any harm leaving them off.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post

Just throw them away. They are no good!

Seriously, I don't even put any on my wheels as they are a nuisance to pull off every 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post

Hmmm...

Note to self: Arch-nemesis mf44 may have easily tampered-with air pressure tomorrow

Heck, I never even put them on anymore but I'm extremely lazy. It does no harm leaving them off.
    NCC

I leave 'em off too

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    I leave 'em off too
    Weight reduction.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Hmmm...

Note to self: Arch-nemesis mf44 may have easily tampered-with air pressure tomorrow

That's funny............
    Better turn your side mirrors down to the wheels just in case somebody is lurking....

I go bare stemmed as well.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Weight reduction.
    unsprung weight also!

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    unsprung weight also!
    I heard on the internet that's good for 5hp on e30 318's.

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Just put in a drop of super glue. Then no one can mess with your pressure.

Vic
    But first remove air.
    Not that I ever did that.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I plan to always have my caps on until someone steals them, which is bound to happen with K1s.

I'm surprised no one has stolen my pretty chrome BMW caps on my 5 series yet. Though they have tried to peel the roundel off the hood at Famous Dave's in Vienna.

Changing air pressure? What's that?

What traction control?

Thread Information