Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted

For the record, I've always been in favor of non-BMWs getting trophies for their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Losers buy the winner a trophy out of respect?!?! You have 3 months to get the trophy together for the banquet. I'm sure the banquet will allow for the person(s) to be recognized.
    I'd be good with that Can we pick whatever trophy we want?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Please remember that the trophy rule was written as a minimum number of trophies ...

And yes, as far as financial sufficiency of the program, the non-BMW participants are an integral part of the program. I am personally going to revisit this for next season and make some changes in a.) how we class non-BMW's and b.) how we recognize those who participate.
    Can I reclassify my roady to non-bmw? Perhaps that way I can get a trophy....

...then again, probably not.

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Please remember that the trophy rule was written as a minimum number of trophies ...

And yes, as far as financial sufficiency of the program, the non-BMW participants are an integral part of the program. I am personally going to revisit this for next season and make some changes in a.) how we class non-BMW's and b.) how we recognize those who participate.
    It would be a good idea for next season and if the non-BMW guys know in advance I am sure you will see more consistent attendance for the points chase. Maybe even encourage them to become members as a side benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    It would be a good idea for next season and if the non-BMW guys know in advance I am sure you will see more consistent attendance for the points chase. Maybe even encourage them to become members as a side benefit.
    4 events makes up for the membership cost! I signed up late, but I'll more than make up the cost of the membership next season.

I think you're right about consistent attendance, but I wonder if we'd need more than two classes so that some drivers and their respective vehicles have more than a snowball's chance in hell of placing in the points race. Maybe a novice class would be a good idea. Personally, I'm not after a trophy because I would simply be outclassed (in both vehicle and skill) and I'm using these autocross events to get my feet wet for future racing (I hope).

I think that going back to the previous XR/XS tire spec's would help things out a bit, generally the most modified cars are also the ones running R-comps. If they add anymore classes it seems like a stock class would make the most sense. Maybe something like "Stock" with tires down to a 240 treadwear and no mods. "Touring" class with bolt-on mods and tires down to 180 treadwear. "Modified" to cover everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    I think that going back to the previous XR/XS tire spec's would help things out a bit, generally the most modified cars are also the ones running R-comps. If they add anymore classes it seems like a stock class would make the most sense. Maybe something like "Stock" with tires down to a 240 treadwear and no mods. "Touring" class with bolt-on mods and tires down to 180 treadwear. "Modified" to cover everything else.
    Don't forget the first generation Speed3 comes stock with tires that are 140 treadwear. I'd bitch more, but the season isn't over and talks aren't up for reclassification just yet

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Don't forget the first generation Speed3 comes stock with tires that are 140 treadwear. I'd bitch more, but the season isn't over and talks aren't up for reclassification just yet
    Good call - let's wait until after the season to get into this. The annual meeting is the place for this conversation. Thanks!

If there is/was a prize from these event's I would be more tempted to attend these events. Only problem is I already had enough events with other clubs and a lot of BMW events are the same day as SCCA events... Def. a good idea to level out the classes better and allow for a trophy at the end of the season.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    An S2000 won Showroom 1, with a Boxter slotting in sixth

Also, a 2006 M Coupe in T2 that seems to belong in T1
    The M Coupe was me and i should be in T1 not T2. Either way i would have been thrid. If i didn't end up coning or off course i would have been first.

It was my first BMWCCA event and i had a good time. The event was well organized. I usually attend SCCA events and instruct at track.

I wish the tire ruling was different as well. The only reason i'm in T1 rather than S1 is for tires. Well i guess it won't matter next year when i do the suspension.

I had a good time but the course really didn't have a flow to it. I understand they were trying to slow cars down for the islands but it could have been made so you just go straight through.
    Last edited by zeroselect; 10-02-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroselect View Post
    The M Coupe was me and i should be in T1 not T2. Either way i would have been thrid. If i didn't end up coning or off course i would have been first.

It was my first BMWCCA event and i had a good time. The event was well organized. I usually attend SCCA events and instruct at track.

I wish the tire ruling was different as well. The only reason i'm in T1 rather than T2 is for tires. Well i guess it won't matter next year when i do the suspension.

I had a good time but the course really didn't have a flow to it. I understand they were trying to slow cars down for the islands but it could have been made so you just go straight through.
    T1 and T2 are for E9X M3 and E36 M3 respectively (and other cars, those are just an example). Did you mean 'I'm in T1 rather than S1 is for tires..." ?

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    T1 and T2 are for E9X M3 and E36 M3 respectively (and other cars, those are just an example). Did you mean 'I'm in T1 rather than S1 is for tires..." ?
    oops i fixed it i meant S1

...If i didn't end up coning or off course i would have been first....
    If frogs had wings... Obviously you're fast. Way faster than me, but I kept it away from the cones (I was technically fast BMW, thanks to you and Joe B. coning). Keep coming out to give Bogdan something to think about in T1.

I wish the tire ruling was different as well. The only reason i'm in T1 rather than T2 is for tires. Well i guess it won't matter next year when i do the suspension.
    I think your options are S1 or T1. No T2 for you. What tires are you running?

I've never done an SCCA event, but every video I've seen was on a "flowing" course. I don't think we'll be able to do that on our lots. I do plan to try an SCCA event (maybe the next one), but I'm not going to be willing to do what it would take to make my car even slightly competitive. Right now the car goes in BSP, because I replaced the steering wheel with a non-airbag wheel, and I can't change it back. It would just be for fun.

i'm most likely going to be coming out to more events. Its kinda hard when track events are are on the same days.

i'm most likely going to be coming out to more events. Its kinda hard when track events are are on the same days.
    I started HPDEs and autox this year, but I set aside the BMW autox dates so I could make them all. What groups do you instruct with? In the next four weeks i'm going to TrackDaze, BMWCCA, and Potomac PCA events.

What tires were you running last weekend?

Thread Information