Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you have done to that Civic?
    It's prepped for Street Touring for SCCA so...I/H/E, re-valved shocks, coilovers with custom rates, some other suspension goodies, and sticky street tires, that's about it.

The MR2 that ran is also in Street Touring(STS since it's a 2 seater) and they have similar mods as my car, just different tires(R1R's).
    Last edited by civicexracer; 09-27-2009 at 08:01 PM.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    If I were PAXed better(I'm on street tires but their rating is just less than 210...) I would have had FTD for PAX. Makes me wish I had some R-Compounds laying around for these events.
    ...and to think there was a time when I could competitively duke it out with you in ST(S). I have to say your skills + car have progressed so much since '07. I'm nowhere near your times anymore. Great driving AJ!!!

I know I easily would have broken 50 (and caught Sam) if the rain had held out for 30 more minutes, but that's the way things happen sometimes. My quickest non-coned run was in the steady rain on my fourth run.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    ...and to think there was a time when I could competitively duke it out with you in ST(S). I have to say your skills + car have progressed so much since '07. I'm nowhere near your times anymore. Great driving AJ!!!

I know I easily would have broken 50 (and caught Sam) if the rain had held out for 30 more minutes, but that's the way things happen sometimes. My quickest non-coned run was in the steady rain on my fourth run.
    Thanks a lot Chris! Yeah I figured out the car's setup better and def. have had a lot of seat time to boot. Good to see you're still out there running!

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    It's prepped for Street Touring for SCCA so...I/H/E, re-valved shocks, coilovers with custom rates, some other suspension goodies, and sticky street tires, that's about it.

The MR2 that ran is also in Street Touring(STS since it's a 2 seater) and they have similar mods as my car, just different tires(R1R's).
    Nice. I didn't get to see you run since I arrived at about the start of the 2nd AM session. I checked out your video and it was cool to see you getting more aggressive as the runs went on. Your last slalom was quick. Thanks for uploading the vid!

If you couldn't tell from the username, I ran a stock red Mazdaspeed3 (there were two, I'm the guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post

I think you had a passenger for the first run which was a 50.something, you definately would have broke 50 sec.

One of the reasons I stopped doing AI and SCCA events was being embarassed by A.J. and his civic, Now he comes to my turf and makes me feel slow...

Next time he shows up when I empty my trunk out I am going to put my crap in the back if his car, I encourage all of you to do the same.

I had a blast at the event and really liked 98% of the course (my boat couldn't handle some of the real tight turns).
    Not that it really matters, but the results didn't rank me by my best time. My second run was a 53.711+1 but it used my 4th run of a 55.357 as my FTD. I think it also happened to Bobby in his 330.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    Not that it really matters, but the results didn't rank me by my best time. My second run was a 53.711+1 but it used my 4th run of a 55.357 as my FTD. I think it also happened to Bobby in his 330.
    53.711+1=55.711 which is not as fast as a 55.357... the results are right.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Did anyone notice the gray E92 M3 going off course every run? It didn't look like he wanted to slow down around the islands because he just ignored a gate or two that was meant for slowing vehicles down on every run. I thought his disregard for the course design was rather ridiculous.
    I talked to him in the paddock before he ran and he said this was his first autox. I'm guessing he did that because of inexperience. He definitely could've used an instructor in his car.
    T2

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I think you had a passenger for the first run which was a 50.something, you definately would have broke 50 sec.

One of the reasons I stopped doing AI and SCCA events was being embarassed by A.J. and his civic, Now he comes to my turf and makes me feel slow...

Next time he shows up when I empty my trunk out I am going to put my crap in the back if his car, I encourage all of you to do the same.
    wait who is this? car? I reeeeeeally hope that's a joke because that's the last thing I want anyone to do is miss events because of me lol.

It is sarcasm, nice driving A.J.
    I really stopped doing AI events when we all got kicked out of Aberdeen. That was a great lot really close to my house.
    In truth my car (gold 86 325es) is totally outclassed in scca also. I was racing with a well driven Mustang Bullitt last time I was at an SCCA event (not even close).
    I also like the more laid back NCC autocrosses as compared to SCCA.

So please come back and keep smokin' the course!

I hope "speedtheory" comes out to put his money where his big mouth is.
    Last edited by SamB325es; 09-28-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: taunting

Thanks to everyone who helped make the event possible! it was an awesome event, event though i got called into work part way through but im glad everyone enjoyed it!

and i think we all know speedtheory wont actually autox at one of our events for any number of excuses, but he will never throw down to back up his claims, i mean it would look real bad for him to get beat by my boat of a car.

Fun day...thanks for everyone's hard work! A comment and 2 questions:

A comment - I was working the course near the finish so could listen to times as they were announced. Honestly, during the wet sessions the times didn't sound that much different than those earlier in the day...which is to say, my impression at the time was, "...hmmm, the rain doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference." Might not sound logical, but I was hearing quite a few low 50s and even some high 40s. Now for those that are sure that, "I could have done better...," well, you didn't do that badly as it was.

Question 1 - (overlooking my motivation for asking) how do the Honda and Boxster fit into S1?
    Question 2 - why the top down during runs for the E46 convertible?

Again - fun day and thanks to All!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post

A comment - I was working the course near the finish so could listen to times as they were announced. Honestly, during the wet sessions the times didn't sound that much different than those earlier in the day...which is to say, my impression at the time was, "...hmmm, the rain doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference." Might not sound logical, but I was hearing quite a few low 50s and even some high 40s. Now for those that are sure that, "I could have done better...," well, you didn't do that badly as it was.

Question 1 - (overlooking my motivation for asking) how do the Honda and Boxster fit into S1?

Look at Brian Hair's times - they went up significantly once it started raining.

They don't fit they are misclassed and we will be putting them in the correct classing soon.

Dunno...

Thanks for coming! Glad you had a great time out there and hopefully you had enough food =).

-- Adam

Answer 2 - better balance and lower cg, at least that is what I tell myself and all empirical evidence suggests I'm correct in my assumption. The "added rigidity" (god knows I need rigidity) with the top up is non-existent as far as I can tell. Top down usually cuts a second off my time, so I've just started leaving it down, even when raining. Only time I regretted it was the end of Event 4 or 5, when I got a little over-aggressive and ended up cruising into the finish box sideways, sending a tidal wave into the driver side of the car; I'll try to get back to you on the science of how that actually happened.

A comment - I was working the course near the finish so could listen to times as they were announced. Honestly, during the wet sessions the times didn't sound that much different than those earlier in the day...which is to say, my impression at the time was, "...hmmm, the rain doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference." Might not sound logical, but I was hearing quite a few low 50s and even some high 40s. Now for those that are sure that, "I could have done better...," well, you didn't do that badly as it was....
    Although I ran a pretty good time in the ran, it was impossible for me to get a good launch. Having 280 lb/ft of torque and FWD does not make for quick launches in the rain.

Some parts of the course seemed OK even when wet (e.g. the slalom and backside U), but others were pretty slick (e.g. the decreasing radius turn before the finish). However, I did notice some people getting sideways even in the dry on that part. I think I could have easily knocked off a second, maybe two, if I had driven in the dry, but that's conjecture.

Thread Information