Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Woody,

The non-BMW category's threshold for R-comp vs. Street tire is 210 treadwear. That puts most extreme summer tires into R-comp class.

XS - Non-BMW's w/ 210+ treadwear rating tires.

XR - Non-BMW's w/ no tire restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Wow. When where did that crazy rule come from?
    lol, sorry...didn't see the responses before I posted mine

on another topic, I noticed that the online signup asked for preferred car numbers/2nd choice/etc (I don't remember it asking this last time, but could be wrong).

Does this mean that we will be able to use our own numbers, or will it still be sequential like at the #2 event that I was at?

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    on another topic, I noticed that the online signup asked for preferred car numbers/2nd choice/etc (I don't remember it asking this last time, but could be wrong).

Does this mean that we will be able to use our own numbers, or will it still be sequential like at the #2 event that I was at?
    As long as someone didn't request the numbers before you, then you will be assigned one of your requested numbers.

I'll post a list later today with the numbers.

Here's the list with numbers, as promised.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Woody,

The non-BMW category's threshold for R-comp vs. Street tire is 210 treadwear. That puts most extreme summer tires into R-comp class.

XS - Non-BMW's w/ 210+ treadwear rating tires.

XR - Non-BMW's w/ no tire restrictions.
    The Mazdaspeed3 comes stock with Bridgestone Potenza RE-050As which are considered "Max Performance" by Tire Rack. They also apparently have a 140 treadwear rating...does this put me into XR with people that have R-comps?

If so, I guess I have to change classes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Just FYI if it matters, the very first person; Emir, has a 2009 330ci listed....it's ...uh... kinda impossible

Just if you cared and looking forward for the 11th, and it seems like a lot less people on this one than previous? Like half? Or will it get more people when the time gets closer?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    The Mazdaspeed3 comes stock with Bridgestone Potenza RE-050As which are considered "Max Performance" by Tire Rack. They also apparently have a 140 treadwear rating...does this put me into XR with people that have R-comps?

If so, I guess I have to change classes.
    yup.......but you'll also be in there with me, who doesn't have r-comps

As long as someone didn't request the numbers before you, then you will be assigned one of your requested numbers.

I'll post a list later today with the numbers.
    thx....well at least I got the last 2 digits
    Last edited by irish44j; 06-29-2009 at 05:59 PM.

yup.......but you'll also be in there with me, who doesn't have r-comps
    Can't say I'm happy. I have a set of wheels for my previous car that have Falken RT-615s and their treadwear is 200. They felt a lot stickier than the Potenza RE-050As that come stock on the Mazdaspeed3.

Just to throw a wrench in, I noticed this on the Boston Chapter BMWCCA:

"We use an empirically-derived performance-based points system for BMW cars. We follow SCCA rules for Non-BMW classes. Cars equipped with race tires (tread wear rating < 140) run in R-comp classes."

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/EventDe...oss-rules.aspx

Anyway we can start a mutiny?

Can I, Fred Caton driving Mazdaspeed3, get reclassed to XR since my tread wear rating is 140?

Thanks.

I have a set of wheels for my previous car that have Falken RT-615s and their treadwear is 200. They felt a lot stickier than the Potenza RE-050As that come stock on the Mazdaspeed3.
    FYI, treadwear ratings are relative and only applicable to product lines from a given manufacturer and not across manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    FYI, treadwear ratings are relative and only applicable to product lines from a given manufacturer and not across manufacturers.
    That's what I was reading, too. Which leads to the question, is it possible for stickier tires to make their way into XS simply because of the tread wear rating cutoff?

That's what I was reading, too. Which leads to the question, is it possible for stickier tires to make their way into XS simply because of the tread wear rating cutoff?
    sure....there are sticky tires with treadwear over 210. But over 210 treadwear, the tread blocks are usually taller and give more squirm.

That said, one can always take a 210+ treadwear tire and shave it. that's what I did with my Hankooks on a previous car...

Can't say I'm happy. I have a set of wheels for my previous car that have Falken RT-615s and their treadwear is 200. They felt a lot stickier than the Potenza RE-050As that come stock on the Mazdaspeed3.

Just to throw a wrench in, I noticed this on the Boston Chapter BMWCCA:

"We use an empirically-derived performance-based points system for BMW cars. We follow SCCA rules for Non-BMW classes. Cars equipped with race tires (tread wear rating < 140) run in R-comp classes."

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/EventDe...oss-rules.aspx

Anyway we can start a mutiny?
    Well, there is plenty of SCCA/AI availability around here if you want those rules. I like running with NCC so I'll go by their rules. Or you could run CDC, where there is no classing at all and they use a system more like a golf handicap...

--

hell, i'm just surprised that the MS3 comes with RE050s....its more or less the same class/price range as my WRX (I know, I shopped between the two) which comes with longer-life SP Sport01s (still a UHP summer tire).

No wonder the MS3 always beats it in the road tests, it has better stock tires

Well, there is plenty of SCCA/AI availability around here if you want those rules. I like running with NCC so I'll go by their rules. Or you could run CDC, where there is no classing at all and they use a system more like a golf handicap...

--

hell, i'm just surprised that the MS3 comes with RE050s....its more or less the same class/price range as my WRX (I know, I shopped between the two) which comes with longer-life SP Sport01s (still a UHP summer tire).

No wonder the MS3 always beats it in the road tests, it has better stock tires
    True, just thought I'd point it out since it was another chapter I don't mind getting classed into XR. I'm curious as to whether the MX-5 that is current running XR is on stock tires or not, now.

Hey, we have to make up for the lack of AWD

Thread Information