Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross - June 13 @ MD State Police Training Center, Sykesville, MD

Will there be an full PAX list published? Just curious.

Thanks!
    Paul P.
    <del>1996 318ti M-tech</del> - Messing around in FSP until the CP Camaro is done.

Help Stop Lung Cancer
    Maryland's Premier Autocross Team

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    You shouldn't go above 38 psi hot. If you're still having problems, you're probably over driving the car. Adding even more air than that just makes the problem worse.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think a larger diameter wheel and lower profile tire would help the problem? Right now I'm running the 16" rims and I think 205x45x16 tires so there's definitely room for improvement.

I really need to get this problem taken care of ASAP. I would plow into every turn and fight to get the front end pointed in the right direction.
    Last edited by forrealb50; 06-14-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scany View Post
    Great fun out there!

Jonathan, I guess it got a little confusing at registration. My 2000 528iA should be in T4 I guess (or does fallen off muffler leave me in M4? ). Regardless, the conclusion is that the 528iA was not as fun as the 318iS. But surprisingly maybe as quick, looking at my fellow 318iS times.

Btw, anyone seen video of the 350Z doing a proper rallyturn down towards the box? I'd like to see that one
    I was leaving you in M4 so that you can use the event to qualify for year end awards

There's no rule against upclassing. I can move you back to T4 if you'd like ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
    Will there be an full PAX list published? Just curious.

Thanks!
    There's no PAX index for our events.

thanks for a great event.

I had a great time. Man it was hot...

I did come home short one piece of electronics...Did anyone happen to find a Flip Video Camera? Lost somewhere on the facility.

thanks again.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by forrealb50 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you think a larger diameter wheel and lower profile tire would help the problem? Right now I'm running the 16" rims and I think 205x45x16 tires so there's definitely room for improvement.

I really need to get this problem taken care of ASAP. I would plow into every turn and fight to get the front end pointed in the right direction.
    I don't think lower profile tires will help you at all until you get your driving sorted out. If you're plowing that much, you're going too fast. Next time, slow down for turns more than you think you need to and get someone to ride along.

There's an old saw that says autocross newbies go too fast in the slow turns and too slow in the fast turns.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Great fun guys, does anyone know if coilovers would put you in Modified or would you still be considered Tuner? It just says
    Adjustable Shocks / Struts Permitted But Must Retain Original Mounting Points
    but technically they are adjustable.......several different ways haha

Perhaps adding all that air to the rear (instead of the front) would lessen rear grip, thereby decreasing understeer. The end result would be a more difficult car to drive fast, but at least you could complain about something new.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Same with me... how do you fix that besides adding more tire pressure while staying within the class limits.
    not sure. I added pressure to the front tires, and the only other solution i see is to add weight in the front, in the form of an S50 (E36 M3) engine in my E30!

I don't think lower profile tires will help you at all until you get your driving sorted out. If you're plowing that much, you're going too fast. Next time, slow down for turns more than you think you need to and get someone to ride along.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    There's an old saw that says autocross newbies go too fast in the slow turns and too slow in the fast turns.
    It's kind of counter-intuitive, but my fastest runs are always when I do what these guys are saying. When I try to turn too fast, I plow as bad as anybody. No tire/pressure changes required to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Ain't that the truth...Plowing through slow turns is the #1 thing I need to work on. I actually found the course to be a lot more difficult than it looked. I had issues with the slower turns (slow turn before the first long straight and the Chicago Box) where I would just come in too hot and understeer like crazy. It was also my first time through a long slalom and I found it tough to modulate speed while maintaining rhythm, especially when having to shift from 1st to 2nd out of the box.

I committed the same folly last time, so I know I need to focus on driving more smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    There's no PAX index for our events.
    My mistake. I saw that my buddy Fred got "Top PAX" time on the results and assumed there was.
    Paul P.
    <del>1996 318ti M-tech</del> - Messing around in FSP until the CP Camaro is done.

Help Stop Lung Cancer
    Maryland's Premier Autocross Team

That's great news. Now I don't need to spend any money on my car so the wife will be happy. I think I need to remember to brake in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsam View Post
    not sure. I added pressure to the front tires, and the only other solution i see is to add weight in the front, in the form of an S50 (E36 M3) engine in my E30!
    I tried that, and now I can't get 275's to hook up!lol Bob

Thread Information