Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Come join me on Thursday in Frederick!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Come join me on Thursday in Frederick!

Come join me on Thursday in Frederick!

I'll be announcing my candidacy for Alderman in downtown Frederick on Thursday evening. I'm still nailing down the location, but it will be in the old town area at around 6:30 pm. I would really appreciate as much support as possible for the event even if you aren't a Frederick resident. The more people I have present, the more the media will pay attention. In fact, if I can get some raucous applause from time to time, I'm almost ensured to have my little 5 minute speech put on the radio here!

I'll keep you guys posted with any updates here. I will have a facebook page set up by the end of the week and will give all the details of my campaign as I move forward. For now, the basic outline is that I plan on giving Frederick a boost economically by helping the businesses that employ 75% of American's: privately held small businesses. I'm forming a detailed plan to do this and will present the plan via press releases and my facebook page.

Wish me luck guys and gals!

What traction control?

Cool

I should be able to support you on Thursday evening, count me in...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

... what is the world coming to? ...

Good luck man!

I had to look up what an Alderman was.

Best of luck!
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I haven't looked up adlerman yet, but hope it's someone that serves beer. Can we vote from Virginia?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Alderman: 1. A person governing a kingdom, district, or shire as viceroy for an Anglo-Saxon king.

Vote for George!!
    Woody

Thanks for your support guys! Just to clear things up a bit: An Alderman is essentially the same as a city councilman in Frederick.

Here's my platform outline:

1) Business Growth in Frederick:

I have a two-pronged plan to invite both large and small businesses into Frederick. I will give tax incentives to bring new high-tech industries to Frederick so that they can provide higher paying jobs. This will bring more money into our community helping out the existing businesses by increasing the money spent throughout the Frederick business infrastructure. Secondly, I will help out any existing and fledgling small businesses by getting together an on-line database of marketing lists, direct mail lists and other marketing tools to distribute free-of-charge to all Frederick businesses. I will make Frederick the Gateway to the Technology Corridor by building upon our great technology base already here!

2) Smart Development and Annexations:

Annexations are key to lowering Frederick taxes. Without additional revenue streams, everyone will be forced to pay more for less services! That said, we need to do it the smart way. Special care and attention have to be made to make sure traffic doesn’t flood residential areas or our existing roads. We need more revenue but not at the expense of our city’s great persona! I strongly believe there’s always a way to make it work for everyone. It’s simply a matter of wanting to find that way and a willingness to work with others.

3) Downtown Parking:

People want to go downtown, they just don’t know where to park! Did you know there are actually 4 parking garages downtown, not just 3? Too many newcomers and long-time residents alike don’t know that we have a 4th parking garage. Why is this? Signage! You can’t see ‘em, you can’t read ‘em, and half the time you don’t even know they’re there! I have a simple solution: make them stand out but still fit in with the old-town architecture! There’s no reason why people should have to stop and squint to see a street sign in Frederick. Surely there’s a better way!

Biography: George Bauer moved to Maryland in June of 2000 from LaPorte, Indiana. He worked for a local manufacturer’s representative as a salesman for municipal pumps. In March of 2006, George and his wife Katy purchased four Curves locations, three of which were in Montgomery County and one in Baltimore County. George and his wife have lived in Worman’s Mill since 2005 with their two dogs. George and Katy are expecting a baby girl in mid-August.
    I will most likely be announcing in Worman's Mill at the gazebo on the corner of Mill Pond Rd. and Waterside Drive. To get there, take 15 North to Rt. 26 East. At the second stoplight, take a left (you'll see a CVS and Autozone at the corner. Great place to know if you're throwing a check engine light!). At the stopsign, take a right into Worman's Mill on Mill Pond. At the 'T', park and the gazebo is on the right.

The paperwork is in, the bank account is set up (hint, hint....I could use some seed money to start on fliers, signs, and mailings. Anybody can donate, however, since it's a political campaign it's not tax deductable), and the media is on it. The Gazette is taking my picture tomorrow and interviewing me as well and at least one local radio show will have a representative there that evening. That in mind, please cheer loudly so they have something to play on air!

Vic: Though I cannot guarantee a BMW in every garage, I'll do my very best to make sure we have jobs in Frederick that can pay for them if you want one!

Woody: if you come, I'll pour you a beer.

Zac: You bring the beer and I'll pour it for Woody!

If anyone has insight into an idea that would work well for Frederick, please let me know. I'm open to any and all new ideas.

What traction control?

Frederick Alderman

I was familiar with the term "alderman" since I hail from the Chicago area. Good luck, George on Thursday night.

Dennis Follett

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcats64 View Post
    I was familiar with the term "alderman" since I hail from the Chicago area. Good luck, George on Thursday night.

Dennis Follett

Thanks for the kind words!

I, too, am originally from the Chicago area. Were you in the city or, like me, an hour from downtown (just like everyone else within a 100 mile radius...)?

I definitely miss the pizza and White Castles....

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    I definitely miss the pizza and White Castles....
    Did someone mention belly bombers?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Did someone mention belly bombers?
    I actually buy them at the grocery store. Giant sells them. Too bad they're not nearly as good as the ones that slide off the layer of grease and onion on the dirty grills at the stores!

What traction control?

I actually buy them at the grocery store. Giant sells them. Too bad they're not nearly as good as the ones that slide off the layer of grease and onion on the dirty grills at the stores!
    We have the frozen ones down here too. Just not the same.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

good luck tonight George. I can't make it, but it looks like you'll have some club members behind you.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Race for Frederick ALderman

George:

I was born in Chicago & lived there briefly on Austin Blvd. My family moved to Berwyn & I lived there until after my freshman year of high school. My dad got transferred to Philly and then in 1962 got transferred back to Chicago. They bought a house in Lombard, 25 miles from Chicago. I am a lifelong Cubs fan and plan on seeing them at Nats Park in July for at least two of the four games. I still consider myself a Chicagoan even though I left Chicago in 1971.

Again, good luck tonight.

Dennis Follett

Woody: if you come, I'll pour you a beer.

Zac: You bring the beer and I'll pour it for Woody!
    I'm afraid I won't be able to make it this evening guys. But George, I'll be telling my friends that live in Frederick that they have to vote for you.
    Woody

Thread Information