Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a shop that does quality car window tint

Thread: Looking for a shop that does quality car window tint

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by RJPoli View Post
    Price sounds about right for LA Tint. They are not the cheapest. They have different rates for two door, four door, etc. based on the number of windows. Also extra charges for sunroof (which I didn't have done since that looked like it was factory tinted), and for a windshield header strip (check with local and state DOT rules to see if that is legal where you live and drive).

Pay attention to the quality of the work you get. What you see when you leave is 99% of what it will look like when the tint dries fully. I am still trying to resolve issues with bubbles in my rear window tint. I'm bringing it back today to see what can be done... I'll report back with my results.

I'm a little nervous because this would be the first car I plan on getting tinted. I'm definitely nit-picky about details, but I am a little relieved to hear that most people consider LA tint in Sterling to be the best around here. I plan on getting my tint waiver from the DMV and then getting 35% all around (not sure what % for sunroof yet). My forester just gets ridiculously hot (especially the sunroof) and so I'm hoping tinting helps reduce most of the heat transfer/reduces the glare from people on the road driving around with their high beams on at night.

I hope that they fix up the tint to your satisfaction, RJPoli. This review on Yelp has me a little worried because I think I might be expecting too much. Seems like the reviewer was expecting the tint to be perfect (which I admit I would hope so, for $480).

Did you by chance have to ask for a warranty card and proof of purchase, showing the type of film and date of installation (items required for Pinnacle warranty)? Or did they just give it to you without asking? Were your tints pre-cut? Did the bubbles show up after a while, or did they just never go away after the initial install? Thank you.
    Last edited by jkxs; 06-05-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information