Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/14/2011 - BMW Performance Center ///M Club Day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 05/14/2011 - BMW Performance Center ///M Club Day

05/14/2011 - BMW Performance Center ///M Club Day

The National Capital and Tarheel Chapters are headed back to South Carolina on May 14th for our first 2011 ///M Club Day drivers' school at the BMW Performance Center.

As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day. Just show up ready to drive! The school’s focus is to improve your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.

This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for BMW CCA chapters. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.

We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the cars available may vary from one school to the next.

Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at: www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast on Saturday morning at the Performance Center.

Schedule:

Friday May 13, 2011
    5:45 AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
    6:00 AM - NoVa Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
    2:45 PM – Visit to the Zentrum and factory tour (2:45 and 3:00).
    5:30 PM - Check-In @ the group hotel
    6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Barley’s in Greenville

Saturday May 14, 2011
    8:00 AM - Meet @ Performance Center
    8:15 AM - Drive day begins
    5:00 PM - Drive day ends
    6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville

Sunday May 15, 2011
    Drive home as a group or on-your-own.
    The Fine Print:

* All drivers must be 18 or older with a valid driver’s license.
    * Completely enclosed shoes required for the factory tour - No Exceptions!
    * Cost of $625 includes cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center. Each attendee is responsible for all other meals, lodging costs and travel expenses.

Directions to convoy start:

From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
    • Take I-495 to I-66 west.
    • Exit at 47B (north 234).
    • Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.

From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
    • Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
    • Follow the directions above.

REGISTRATION
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-22-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    '11 Alpinweiss 3 E71 X6
    '08 Silverstone II E92 M3
    '05 Phoenix Dinan S2 E46 M3
    '04 Alpine E83 X3
    '99 Estoril E36/8 M Coupe
    '29 Ford Model A 'Special Coupe'

Your list of vehicles is indicative of a Bimmer guy, why not a Beamer,as well!?
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-23-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: quote removed

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Your list of vehicles is indicative of a Bimmer guy, why not a Beamer,as well!?
    Does BMW make an M branded Beamer?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

No "M"'s per se, but the sport models are pretty intense, my old K1200rs is hell on wheels, and its old school now. The new K's have near 200hp.

Well, I came close to getting an R1200C. But I wanted the V-Rod and I'm very glad I got it. I looked at an R1200C last week and have been looking at the R and K touring models for the last year or so. I'll have a 'Beamer' before long. Better for the longer rides with my wife.
    '11 Alpinweiss 3 E71 X6
    '08 Silverstone II E92 M3
    '05 Phoenix Dinan S2 E46 M3
    '04 Alpine E83 X3
    '99 Estoril E36/8 M Coupe
    '29 Ford Model A 'Special Coupe'

Edit: I'm going this time. The check's in the mail. Thanks again for setting this up.
    Last edited by fookie; 02-04-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Are the cars DCT or manual transmission? I am trying to convince my wife to do this with me, but she isn't very comfortable with MT cars at this point.

I attended last May and November with the Club. All the 2010 ///M cars (that were available) had the option of DCT and automatic. She will be quite comfortable driving those fast, beautiful cars. It was an exciting, yet educational opportunity. Don't let her miss it!
    Last edited by bimmerfrau; 04-18-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Does BMW make an M branded Beamer?
    The HP series is the equivlent.

do I need to be a member of the BMW CCA and National Capitol Chapter to sign up for this event? Thanks!

When does registration close?

Quote Originally Posted by risc54 View Post
    do I need to be a member of the BMW CCA and National Capitol Chapter to sign up for this event? Thanks!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    When does registration close?
    Last day to register online: Sat Apr 30, 2011
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thanks, found it afterward. Also, just want to make sure the school doesnt have a problem with prosthetics. I've been to the ncc driving schools. Just double-checking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    Thanks, found it afterward. Also, just want to make sure the school doesnt have a problem with prosthetics. I've been to the ncc driving schools. Just double-checking. Thanks.
    Checking with the Performance Center.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I've been there before, I'm sure Mike Renner remembers me. I doubt he's met many people who are missing a leg. I don't need any special controls or anything. Just can't drive manual.

Thread Information