Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Intake Induction

Thread: Intake Induction

Intake Induction

I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an intake induction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?

What dealer is this?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by ncorley View Post
    I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an intake induction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?
    The only "intake" service I can imagine is changing an air filter, or cleaning the throttle body? Did they also suggest lubing the muffler bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by ncorley View Post
    I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an wallet reduction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?
    Fixed.Name:  cashwallet.gif
Views: 112
Size:  5.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The only "intake" service I can imagine is changing an air filter, or cleaning the throttle body? Did they also suggest lubing the muffler bearings?
    And don't forget the blinker fluid every 2 years.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

^^^^ What Steven said. Direct injection motors (1/3/535s) we are finding to be another story. Your engine is just fine.
    Last edited by mOlson; 01-18-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    RRT Service and Fabrication come visit us here

Quote Originally Posted by mOlson View Post
    ^^^^ What Steven said. Direct injection motors (1/3/535s) we are finding to be another story. Your engine is just fine.
    Great to see the RRT guys here. They do fabulous work! My E36 M3 just loves that place.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Thread Information