Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Thread: Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Suffering from a bad oil leak as well as a stripped drain plug. I'm going to do a much needed valve cover gasket replacement and drop the oil pan tomorrow. I called BMW of Towson and they told me the gaskets would cost me around $125. Turnermotorsports.com has everything I need for about $50, but the kicker is I have to wait for them to be delivered. I would really like to do it tomorrow with my free day so I can drive the car ASAP, so does anyone know anywhere else that would supply gaskets for a '98 540i at reasonable prices? Would advanced auto have it in stock, or is there maybe a quality garage? Thanks for the help. Also, feel free to post any tips on doing the job itself. It'll be my first time removing the engine cover

Edit: called benchmark motors. They can have it today for $102.
    Last edited by BOOBEAR; 03-14-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

Did you try any of our sponsors? Most give CCA discounts and some are open tomorrow in case you need other parts.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Did you try any of our sponsors? Most give CCA discounts and some are open tomorrow in case you need other parts.
    I actually ran up a tab with benchmark. I figure if they're leaking there'll be oil in the plugs, so they got me a set of new plugs, a filter, and pointed me towards Walmart for new oil. They know I'm a poor college kid and gave me a nice bmwcca discount. I'll have to look at the sponsors locations for next time. I wasn't aware of them. Today's paycheck went directly into my engine bay :'(
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BOOBEAR View Post
    I actually ran up a tab with benchmark. I figure if they're leaking there'll be oil in the plugs, so they got me a set of new plugs, a filter, and pointed me towards Walmart for new oil. They know I'm a poor college kid and gave me a nice bmwcca discount. I'll have to look at the sponsors locations for next time. I wasn't aware of them. Today's paycheck went directly into my engine bay :'(
    You can order online from BMW of Silver Spring and pickup at the shop. It looks lie $76 for a set. Here's the link: http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/199...iagram=1911210

Maybe benchmark can match the price?

You could have ordered a set online through BMW of Silver Spring for $78 and picked it up there.

Thread Information