Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dan's list of local repair shops - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's list of local repair shops

Great list out here. In that list, my favorite is London auto services ltd. It is famous for engine rebuilding and brake repair.

Nothing new here since Oct 2011. Anyone have any updates to service locations?

I've recently picked up an '88 325iC and am working through various issues to get it back into shape. I'm in the College Park area and saw Einstein's mentioned a few times...so I will probably give them a try. I'll report back here if/when that happens. I'd usually take my car to Autoy & Autowerke in Rockville. They always did great work on my Audi...and I'd not hesitate to use them for my BMW if they were a little closer. With a car that isn't running its a little harder to get over there.

How can I find his Dan guy? I need my M3 fixed up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by nayshunm3 View Post
    How can I find his Dan guy? I need my M3 fixed up nicely.
    Dan left the area several years ago, as I recall. If you look through the 7 pages of posts you might see mention of a shop in your area that has favorable feedback.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Blue Ribbon Auto Service Waldorf, MD

This shop has serviced all my vehicles for almost 20 years, Great Techs. and reliable work.

http://www.blueribbonautoservice.com/index.html

Shop suggestions in Arlington (besides Currys or J&F)??

Can anyone recommend a good shop in or around Arlington for vintage BMWs? I've got a 1985 635CSi. I decided to switch from Curry's to J&F after a few experiences at Curry's where the technicians seemed not to know much about my car (for example, I had to repeatedly explain what a fuel expansion tank is and walk the tech through a repair). And I've now had two consecutive negative experiences with J&F. In the first instance, I asked them to look into a suspected leak and they told me no leak but it was there, and quite obvious. In the second instance, I came back with the leak problem, and asked them to replace a leaking hose, and they wanted to send me away without doing it, until I insisted (didn't even order the part!). Subpar service, in each case. Really frustrating, especially at dealership prices.

Anyway, recommendations would be helpful. Doesn't necessarily have to be BMW specific.

I used Fallon Automotive in Sterling, twice so far. Good experience so far.

I know this post is kinda old but any info on RRT for service work?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    If anyone has any updates, I'm happy to add them. (I need to add RRT and some other info... Car maintenance has been taking precedence over web maintenance, lately.)

Quote Originally Posted by bwalter0822 View Post
    I know this post is kinda old but any info on RRT for service work?
    RRT does very good work and run by BMW enthusiasts.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    RRT does very good work and run by BMW enthusiasts.
    Second this, nothing but great experiences with RRT on multiple occasions/cars. Very knowledgeable, reasonable rates, true enthusiasts.

Thanks guys! Im glad to hear you all have had a good experience with RRT. I will have to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bentone View Post
    Second this, nothing but great experiences with RRT on multiple occasions/cars. Very knowledgeable, reasonable rates, true enthusiasts.

AKTIV Automotive
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	2246
    22 W Diamond Ave,
    Gaithersburg, MD 20877
    (855) 901-4190
    http://www.aktivautomotive.com/

Hello. Anyone work with Dan Martin's in Gaithersburg recently? I had him do some work a few years ago on a couple projects and was pleased, but haven't been back in a while. Nothing too complicated (stuck brake on 2002; 60K service and coolant service on a 330i), but been too jammed for time and nursing a bum shoulder. Thanks for any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by vegamic View Post
    Hello. Anyone work with Dan Martin's in Gaithersburg recently? I had him do some work a few years ago on a couple projects and was pleased, but haven't been back in a while. Nothing too complicated (stuck brake on 2002; 60K service and coolant service on a 330i), but been too jammed for time and nursing a bum shoulder. Thanks for any updates.
    I had recently recommended him and the person was very glad I did. He found a problem that various dealers couldn't.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information