Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #5 - August 8 @ Sykesville, MD

The latest development with my E30 is that it has decided to start overheating at an idle. So i won't be going to the event tomorrow. Major bummer.

Well try to have fun without me!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    That table shows street pressures of 33 front / 35 rear for up to four passengers. You're looking at the max load pressures!

With just a driver, I would say that you should probably start at 37 front / 39 rear.
    I thought it was too high. So I'll start off with those and use the chalk trick in the Solo II Novice Handbook.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I'm looking forward to meeting the former heavyweight champ and seeing what he can do with his S2000. Wish he'd bring one of his Lambo's instead.....or that robot.

T2

I ate more cones today than my last two seasons combined. I don't even know what to blame. I want to blame my stupid frickin' tiptronic shifting at horrible times in the slalom (anyone know if there's a way to disable the lock on manual shifting during high rpm with software?), but it could have also been the energy drink I had before the event -- I had to take deep breaths before my last run just to get a clean one on the tally... Yikes, awful day for me.

Anyway, the course was amazing this time around, albeit a bit short; would love to see another like it next time. Kudos staff.

P.S. - was nice to have a work session under an hour to make up for the two-three hour one last time in the pouring rain.

Here are my 4 runs. Run 1 was very fast, 39.7, but I got a cone. Got a cone on run 2 also, pussy footed run 3 to get a clean one then tried again on run 4. run 4 was my fasted clean run but still a second off run 1. Was called for 2 cones on run one but I think they counted the pointer cone as a penelty as well. Not that it matters.

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JCN9HY2V4

Great day! It was fun to help out and I hope to do it again sometime. I may not be at the next 2 events, but we'll see.

Shout out to Pete, it was fun to ride shotgun during your second run. Learned a few things in the process, too.

My vids from today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3S3fI8Cak I only got runs 2-4 due to a memory stick being locked inadvertently.

They should be HD once they process.

Had a great time! Lot's of interesting things going on. Glad things went very smooth thanks to all who volunteered and participated.

Now....let's see them results!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Had a great time today! Had a lot of fun. Was my first autocross, and I need another go at this.. I sucked completely. (I was the White Mini)

Results are posted:

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=55&Itemid=168

You can thank this quick turn around to our new registration / timing help. They were fantastic today.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    My vids from today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3S3fI8Cak I only got runs 2-4 due to a memory stick being locked inadvertently.

They should be HD once they process.

Had a great time! Lot's of interesting things going on. Glad things went very smooth thanks to all who volunteered and participated.

Now....let's see them results!
    Wow Craig, you have a lot more front grip than I do. You actually over rotated the hairpins where I was sliding the front. Congrats on your runs.

Joe
    Last edited by jbrannon7; 08-08-2009 at 06:48 PM.

That was great turnaround on results...now the pressure is on for me to get pics up. Hopefully I'll get them on the computer tonight, sort through them tomorrow and be able to post a link to them tomorrow night. I think I took around 1800 but I can't remember...and I'm pretty sure I got everyone (but no promises).

~Katie

That was a fun course! Props to the course designer(s) and everyone running the event. I was a little disappointed Rocky Balboa didn't show, but I'm sure he has a busy schedule.
    T2

I couldn't get anything going and my first run was my best HA! I was a bit frustrated to say the least and I consistently sucked today.

Also, My father-in-law and I wanted to publicly apologize for the incident after the event was done and everyone was just doing fun runs. I sincerely hope we didn't offend anyone. I know time constraints on the event were a big deal and the issue at the end of the day caused us to go past 4:30pm, so again we are really sorry about that.

Jonathan and Katie, I wanted to stay and make sure everything was ok but we had to go to the autoparts store and didn't know how far away any store was or if they were closing soon or not, so if I left abruptly I am truly sorry.

Anyways, I hope we didn't leave a bad taste in anyones mouth and we really appreciated your patience with us.

Thanks to Woody for letting me ride with him and to Craig for riding along. If I could have put into action what they were telling me to do I would have had a better time for sure.

Wish I had 1 more lap, something clicked in my head on the last lap and I did way better than my first 3.

Wish I could have stayed to work the course too but I had to get some sleep to work the night shift tonight
    Last edited by darkfiber; 08-08-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfiber View Post
    Wish I had 1 more lap, something clicked in my head on the last lap and I did way better than my first 3.

Wish I could have stayed to work the course too but I had to get some sleep to work the night shift tonight
    Just curious, what was your worker assignment?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Thread Information