Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    I tdo...I'm pretty sure I got one of you.
    woo hoo! thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    I got a quick question about the ride-along:

How do they work? Does the person riding along sit and observe for the first run and then suggests changes or do they make comments while driving? Just wondering because I am interested in having one at the next event
    depends on the rider. When I ride along with people, I try not to talk during the run except for a few short, key comments. And I hold my hand up where the driver can see it peripherally to direct left or right turns coming up if he's having trouble reading the course.

I've seen some guys who just ride and comment afterwards, and others who talk you through ever turn. Just depends on who you get

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    depends on the rider. When I ride along with people, I try not to talk during the run except for a few short, key comments. And I hold my hand up where the driver can see it peripherally to direct left or right turns coming up if he's having trouble reading the course.

I've seen some guys who just ride and comment afterwards, and others who talk you through ever turn. Just depends on who you get
    Hmm, sounds pretty interesting. I feel I have a lot to gain by having someone with more experience ride along. Sort of wanted to today, but the rush made it go to the back of my mind.

Thanks everyone for coming out to today's event.

Also, a big thanks to the entire autocross committee. You guys make it possible for us to have these events.

It will take a bit of time to get the results ready. Hopefully I'll be able to crunch by tomorrow afternoon.

And sorry about the rain / thunder / lightning - you can blame Bogdan for it.

In that case, I'm glad Bogdan was late. he kept the damage limited to the afternoon....

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Hmm, sounds pretty interesting. I feel I have a lot to gain by having someone with more experience ride along. Sort of wanted to today, but the rush made it go to the back of my mind.

My car is open to anyone who wants to observe on runs 1 and 2. If nothing else, the extra views of the course at speed can help.

Videos of today will be up on YouTube a little later.

Thanks for posting the pics of the smart car. I took alot of hi deff pics from session one. Email mike@teamleadfoot.com if you want me to send um. Anybody got results.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    My car is open to anyone who wants to observe on runs 1 and 2. If nothing else, the extra views of the course at speed can help.

Videos of today will be up on YouTube a little later.
    Definitely interested. I've watched your videos a few times and I appreciate it when you put them up. Do you know which session you are running at the next event? Next event is in Sykesville, if that has any bearing on your decision for which session to run.

After completion of a really long day of autocross, I have preliminary results posted.

Please visit: http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?o...=55&Itemid=168

I'm sure a few changes will need made, so please don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    After completion of a really long day of autocross, I have preliminary results posted.

My time...wow.

Hey Jonathan, not a real big deal, but I think the Toyota should be taken out of the S1 class.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post

There's a Toyota MR2 in S1 (also in X-class with the same name, but different number) , Ford Mustang in S2, Pontiac GTO in T3, and a BMW 325i in XR.

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    There's a Toyota MR2 in S1 (also in X-class with the same name, but different number) , Ford Mustang in S2, Pontiac GTO in T3, and a BMW 325i in XR.
    I'll get these fixed with the next revision. Thanks!

Oh please fix the S1 first. My red roadster may never see 1st place again with me driving it so I want to eat it up. yee-ha

Jonathan you haz emailzzzzzzzzz

Thread Information