Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Borrow: Fan clutch tool and holder

Thread: Borrow: Fan clutch tool and holder

Borrow: Fan clutch tool and holder

Hi:

Been a longtime BMW owner 1st in CT and then here for 7+ years. Have R&R cylinder heads,major suspension work, etc on my E30s for years. Have always used homemade tools for fan & fan clutch removal [or wacked wrench with a hammer to loosen].

I think I have met my match. My E39 528iT fan / clutch nut does NOT want to come off. I would like to borrow the special tools outlined in Bentleys and on BMW parts supplier sites:

1. 32 mm wrench [have something for this]
    2. BMW ST water pump pulley holder #83300491046

Here is a pic of the holder [at bottom of pic]:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image004.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	345

Will leave small child with you for collateral

Thanks.

BMW CCA #130075
    Jason

'89 325iX
    '90 325iX
    '00 528iT

Quote Originally Posted by Jase007 View Post
    Hi:

Been a longtime BMW owner 1st in CT and then here for 7+ years. Have R&R cylinder heads,major suspension work, etc on my E30s for years. Have always used homemade tools for fan & fan clutch removal [or wacked wrench with a hammer to loosen].

I think I have met my match. My E39 528iT fan / clutch nut does NOT want to come off. I would like to borrow the special tools outlined in Bentleys and on BMW parts supplier sites:

1. 32 mm wrench [have something for this]
    2. BMW ST water pump pulley holder #83300491046

Here is a pic of the holder [at bottom of pic]:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image004.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	345

Will leave small child with you for collateral

Thanks.

BMW CCA #130075
    a combo wrench will do the same thing just put the right size wrench on one of the pulley bolts and brace it against the next bolt while using your 32mm bicycle wrench on the pump nut.

Thanks M:

Tried that but won't budge.

Have ordered the fan pulley hold tool from zdmak.com. We'll see if even that works. Talked to some friends that are techs and they admitted to sometimes having to use chisel and BFH onedge of nut and /or air chisel and BFH

Hope it won't come to that. Ordering spare water pump as I think whatever it takes will fubar the bearing / seal on the one on there.

Cheers.
    Jason

'89 325iX
    '90 325iX
    '00 528iT

yikes, good luck!

I have a 20# sledge that you can use

The fan tool should really help out. I had a similar situation a few years ago, the the fan tool popped it right off.

I got the Zdmak tools and they work good. First time I did it I had to use a 32mm wrench and big screwdriver. I kept pulling and pulling without results, and then suddenly it just came loose like nothing. I believe I used some WD40 to assist.

Sorry for the delayed response. I think I've got the correct tool if you still need it. Mine fits an E30 fan.
    Scott Lowrey

I have both tools too if you still need 'em....

Be sure to use some anti-seize on the nut when reinstalling, and just spin it on finger tight.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information