Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/10/2014 - Great Pie Run - Amish Country

Thread: 05/10/2014 - Great Pie Run - Amish Country

Thumbs up 05/10/2014 - Great Pie Run - Amish Country

GREAT PIE RUN - Amish Country
    Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's Spring time, the snow is gone, and it's time for a Pie Run! We will meet 8am at Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD, take some great back roads and head north to The Markets at Shrewsbury (PA) for lunch.

It’s recommended to bring a cooler to keep their pies/food from sliding around in the trunk, especially since we have some fun driving to do!

Catoctin Mountain Orchard, Thurmont, MD
    We have been here so many times do we really need to repeat ourselves? Many of us have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade fruit pies, either baked or frozen. They also have other baked goods, fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. YOU MUST TRY THE APPLE CIDER!!!

Note: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time since we are a large group. The pies can be ordered freshly baked or frozen. When you place your order, reference the "BMW group". The pies range in price from $8.95-$12.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.

IMPORTANT: The deadline for calling or emailing orders for pies is Thursday, May 8th

The Markets at Shrewsbury, Glen Rock, PA
    This place is HUGE! The Markets at Shrewsbury is one of the larger Amish markets in the area and significantly better than those typically found in the DC/Baltimore area. The farmers market has all your fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and various vendors with prepared food. Also, throughout the market, they have a wide assortment of vendors selling fresh flowers, crafts, furniture, and gifts.

The Market at Shrewsbury is also host to several car shows throughout the year, so they have plenty of great parking for our cars.

Registration is mandatory and opens April 1st (no fooling!)
    REGISTRATION
    Last edited by pseto; 04-15-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Around what time do you all typically meet in Thurmont? Thinking about registering and joining the run this time if my schedule permits.
    Current: 2011 M3, 1992 325ic
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT,2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Quote Originally Posted by md-va View Post
    Around what time do you all typically meet in Thurmont? Thinking about registering and joining the run this time if my schedule permits.
    Usually 8am-9am, but since CMO is closed till May 1st, we may not have an official time until we speak to someone there.

CMO will open for us at 8:30am.

Hey Pete:
    I was at the Annapolis DIY today and listened to you talk about the pie run . It sounds like something I might be up for . Someone else mentioned A farm with a butcher that you said has great steaks but I can't remember the name of it . I just bought a new BBQ grill and would like to cook up something good . Can you tell me the name of it again ?

Quote Originally Posted by razorrod65 View Post
    Hey Paul:
    I was at the Annapolis DIY today and listened to you talk about the pie run . It sounds like something I might be up for . Someone else mentioned A farm with a butcher that you said has great steaks but I can't remember the name of it . I just bought a new BBQ grill and would like to cook up something good . Can you tell me the name of it again ?
    Wilson Farm in Catlett, VA

Registration is now open for our Spring Pie Run!! You won't want to miss this fantastic day of driving, BMWs, food, and fun driving. We already have 30+ people registered, so this event may sellout quickly. We've also invited surrounding BMWCCA chapters in PA/DE to join us at the Amish market, so we should have a HUGE turnout of BMWs!

Wilson Farms Meats

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Wilson Farm in Catlett, VA
    One think to remember is that Wilson Farms only takes cash. No check until you have been there are few times and definitely NO CREDIT CARDS.

Phil Busch
    328i

I just tried registering for the Pie Run and it said I would be "Wait Listed for the event" since it is sold out. There is no fee involved could this be the reason behind this response?

Phil Busch
    328i

Quote Originally Posted by dynaphil View Post
    I just tried registering for the Pie Run and it said I would be "Wait Listed for the event" since it is sold out. There is no fee involved could this be the reason behind this response?

Phil Busch
    328i
    As of 4:30p today, there's 8 people on the WL. We are currently at capacity, but there's a chance some people may drop out by Sat.

Paul; I won't be able to make the Pie Run; there is an Autocross the same day and I'm on the committee therefore I will be at that event. My slot is therefore available if you want it give it away.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Just a reminder to everyone to place your pie orders! The cutoff for pre-ordering pies is Thursday, May 8th, but CMO will have SOME pies for those that don't order ahead of time.

I will be emailing the route towards the end of next week, most likely on Thursday.

Thread Information