Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/20/2014 - BMWs at BOW (Photoshoot & Wine Tasting Tour)

Thread: 07/20/2014 - BMWs at BOW (Photoshoot & Wine Tasting Tour)

Thumbs up 07/20/2014 - BMWs at BOW (Photoshoot & Wine Tasting Tour)

BMWs at BOW (PHOTOSHOOT & WINE TASTING TOUR)
    Sunday, July 20, 2014

Want to take better photos of your BMW? Come join us for a day of cars, photography, and wine at the beautiful Barrel Oak Winery (BOW) in Delaplane, Virginia, hosted by CCA member and professional photographer Dwayne Cherry!

Dwayne will teach you camera basics and help take your camera out of "automatic mode" to capture better photographs of your BMW. Important camera functions such as ISO, shutter speed, and aperture will be explained and demonstrated. Techniques of compostion, exposure, and lighting will also be discussed.

We will enjoy a nice, scenic ride out to the winery and arrive by 9am. Please note that while the winery's driveway is not long, it is unpaved, so remember to bring your detailing supplies to shine up your cars. The folks at BOW are nice enough to allow us time to photograph our cars before the winery opens to the public at 11am. Wine tastings are $11.00 per person.

We will have our own roped off private parking area as well.

After the photoshoot, we will eat lunch at AKA Friscos in Frederick, Maryland. Rated 4.5 stars out of 5 on Yelp, this is an all-time favorite gourmet/casual lunch spot where their motto is 'A gathering place for the hungry'. Their humongous sandwiches, salads, and killer 'Exploded Potatoes' are not to be missed! Plus, they have an enormous selection of craft beers and wines. Here's their extensive menu and I urge everyone to check it out before you get there:

AKA Friscos menu: Part 1 & Part 2

AKA Friscos has plenty of seating throughout the building including an upstairs level, outside patio, and their main dining area. There's also plenty of parking surrounding the building in neighboring lots.

Camera requirements: any digital camera will work, but for best results we suggest an SLR with at least a standard 18-55mm zoom, fully charged battery, and 16 GB memory card. A tripod is helpful, but not mandatory. Dwayne will have a few to share.

Registration will open in the Summer and is limited to the first 30 cars, so stay tuned for more details!

Barrel Oak Winery (BOW)
    3623 Grove Lane
    Delaplane, VA 20144
    www.barreloak.com

REGISTER
    Last edited by pseto; 06-23-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

This sounds like a cool activity. Is this rain-or-shine?
    Current: 2011 M3, 1992 325ic
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT,2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Quote Originally Posted by md-va View Post
    This sounds like a cool activity. Is this rain-or-shine?
    We're working on a rain date, but with hopes of not needing it. If the event gets canceled, no one will be charged; in fact, registration will carryover to the new date.

Bump for our next driving tour coming up in July. We're already half full and have some great roads planned for this trip, so you don't want to miss out.

It'll be a very memorable day taking pics with beautiful scenery, wine tastings, and all the BMW camaderie you can want. Also, this is a Sunday event, so hopefully those who always have to work on Saturdays will join us.

We are limiting this event to only 30 cars, so please register ASAP to get your spot!

Are we meeting before we go up, or just meeting there at 0900?

Quote Originally Posted by lurch09 View Post
    Are we meeting before we go up, or just meeting there at 0900?
    Not exactly sure just yet. We're running the route this weekend and finalizing the plans some time next week. We'll update this thread and send out all the details to those registered a few days before the event.

Only a few spots left!!

If anyone wants to start a caravan someplace to make the drive out to the winery, put your suggestions here. The event organizers will need to be at BOW to set up before everyone arrives; otherwise we would have set something up.

I just registered (bringing a guest along too). Looks like my car makes it 29.
    Current: 2011 M3, 1992 325ic
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT,2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Thread Information