Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen

Oktoberfest 2008 Watkins Glen

39th Annual BMW CCA Oktoberfest
    Sept 23-28, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpPnbv37XbE
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Steven,
    Are the dates correct? Starts on Tuesday, ends on Sunday.

Interesting photo montage. The shot of 19 E30 M3s on the front straight was taken at least 12 years ago. I was there, but didn't own an M3 then.
    Will there be any events besides the track?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

It will have all the usual.
    Autocross, Concours, rally.
    The concours will be at Logan's Winery.
    The vendors will only be opened during the day at the track.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-13-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: updated info.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Hope that new hotel is done in time. Spring of 2008 is what they are saying. Always liked the Seneca Lodge in Watkins Glen since you could just stumble back to your room after a night in the bar.

Might make it up there if I can find some herding trials in the area.

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Might make it up there if I can find some herding trials in the area.
    Ofest is for CCA members only.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Gee Sir I renewed my membership.

The collies

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan View Post
    Gee Sir I renewed my membership.

The collies
    So you have.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Before the Ofest website is officially launched, constructive comments are appreciated.
    Registration needs to be added.
    The events will all be edited in the next month.
    http://www.bmwccaofest.org
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Steve

Are nonconstructive comments permitted?

How about a route guide from the DC/Baltimore area? Dwight taught me a route on the East side of the river heading through Penciltucky that is great fun. It takes some effort through Harrisburg, but Bimmer heads will be sure to enjoy the rural opportunities to clean carbon deposits.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

I used to take Route 15 from Frederick, MD all the way North.
    There are other routes as well towards Harrisburg to meet 15.
    Nice drive. It took me about 4 1/2 hours from Germantown.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Nice drive up Rt 15 to 14 or 414 to Watkins Glen. Dont forget to stop in South Williamsport, PA at the Little League museum and look for mention of the Bebble boys my uncles who helped start the little league. All expect for my uncle Vic who helped fund it but isnt mentioned because he was a bootlegger. Papa Joe Kennedy put a contract out on him back during prohibition.

Anyone know the average of hotel rooms booked for Oktoberfest over the last 5 years or so. The main hotel should fill quickly. Is this hotel taking reservations yet? Hotel rooms will be hard to find. And dont forget to bring the cold weather gear. Who knows it might snow!

Dave Apker and the collies

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Before the Ofest website is officially launched, constructive comments are appreciated.
    Registration needs to be added.
    The events will all be edited in the next month.
    http://www.bmwccaofest.org
    Consider shrinking the header logo for sub-pages/topics (maybe split some of the content into a footer) or possibly having the left navigation send you to an anchor tag on the page so you don't have to scroll down to read every page.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    Consider shrinking the header logo for sub-pages/topics (maybe split some of the content into a footer) or possibly having the left navigation send you to an anchor tag on the page so you don't have to scroll down to read every page.

---Eric
    The original version they wanted me to do had people scrolling down a lot further. I'm trying to make most pages fit on one screen.

http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php?driving_school
    Pretty much fit on one page.

The schedule on the left are all hot links.
    There may be no getting around the height of the left schedule block.
    That is pretty much dictating the height of the page.

I may have additional links in the footer.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Couple of things.

1) http://www.bmwccaofest.org/ only gets you to the splash screen but no way to navigate from there. http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php gets you to actual content. I'm presuming that's intentional, but I didn't see any links to .../index.php in your post requesting comments.

2) The blue background seems very "bold" and makes some of the white text hard to read, especially when there is large amounts of it (e.g. http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php?aid=9-2)

3) Pull down menus. It's not immediately clear that pull down menus with side arrows are clickable. For example, if I hover over Events -> Driving School, I would expect there would be an "overview" in addition to Instructors, FAQs, etc. Basically, didn't know clicking on Events -> Driving Schools takes me to the same page as clicking on one of the links along the left side.

Thread Information