Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dan's list of local repair shops - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Dan's list of local repair shops

Quote Originally Posted by vegamic View Post
    Hello. Anyone work with Dan Martin's in Gaithersburg recently? I had him do some work a few years ago on a couple projects and was pleased, but haven't been back in a while. Nothing too complicated (stuck brake on 2002; 60K service and coolant service on a 330i), but been too jammed for time and nursing a bum shoulder. Thanks for any updates.

Dan does all of the work on my E46 M3, including track Tech inspections. I recommend him 100%.

Thanks for the quick reply. Off to Dan Martin I go.

Many of the shop listings are for Montgomery County and Northern Virginia, but if you're in Prince George's County there's 2 shops I highly recommend. You don't have to drive to Egypt to get excellent service for our BMWs!!!

1) Beamer Auto
    6312 Aaron Lane
    Clinton, MD 20735
    240-257-2775
    https://www.beamerauto.com/

2) Randy's C.A.R.S.
    7523 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd.
    Clinton, MD 20735
    http://www.randyscars.net

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts!
    My 2014 BMW 328 Sport Wagon needs a 50K mile service -- new battery, differential fluids, brakes, fuel injection service and so on. Naturally the car has 52K miles on it and is out of the maintenance plan. Dealer wants me to pay $1,500. I'd like to shop around. While it would be fun to get it performance tuned, the truth is it's my wife's daily driver and she does not take it to the track, especially with two little kids in the back . What recommendations does the hive mind have for service in the Alexandria/Springfield area?
    Thanks in advance...

Martin's Motorsport in Alexandria
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Auto service recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Martin's Motorsport in Alexandria
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for the advice. I used Martin’s for a 60k mike service on my Z4. I spent over $800 and don’t really feel I got all that much to show for it. After checking some reviews on Yelp, I thought I’d try German Auto Group. I’ll report back with the results.

Quick update for those of you following from home:
    I used German Auto Group of Alexandria (600 S. Pickett St.) . Here's the breakdown:
    Coolant, Differential, Transfer case flush and fuel injection service: $898.60
    Replace rear brake pads and rotors. $638
    Replace battery: $423
    Total cost: $1,999
    Dealer quote for the work was comparable. Am I wrong for feeling like I paid too much?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgoldin View Post
    I used German Auto Group of Alexandria. Here's the breakdown:
    Coolant, Differential, Transfer case flush and fuel injection service: $898.60
    Replace rear brake pads and rotors. $638
    Replace battery: $423
    Total cost: $1,999
    Dealer quote for the work was comparable. Am I wrong for feeling like I paid too much?
    Brake work seems high unless you went with high performance parts. I haven't had to replace a battery that needs registering, but hope I'm not paying that much when the time comes!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

What happened to Autoy & Autowerke in Rockville? Looks like they are now called "Autobahn Car Service". . . ? I used them a few times in the late '90s and liked the fact that one of the guys was a track rat.
    Alex April
    Former Ombudsman (BMW CCA National)
    Former TRSSS Instructor, Membership Chair, & Social Events Chair (BMW CCA - St. Louis Chapter)
    1989 e30 Metric Mechanic 2.9L
    T10 Putnam

Quote Originally Posted by Arecks View Post
    What happened to Autoy & Autowerke in Rockville? Looks like they are now called "Autobahn Car Service". . . ? I used them a few times in the late '90s and liked the fact that one of the guys was a track rat.
    I'm pretty sure they closed, not sure if they are affiliated with Autobahn or not
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Arecks View Post
    Message from Dave Autoy!! :-)

Greetings,
    In my continuing quest to find a reasonably priced BMW maintenance and repair shop, I tried J&F Motors on Four Mile Run in Arlington. I had been there quite some time ago and was satisfied with their work and thought I'd try again. Anyway, it's close to where I work.
    My "replace brake fluid" light was on and I thought I might also need brakes on my 2012 Z4. Scheduling was pretty easy. They replaced the brake fluid, evaluated the brakes and said I had plenty of wear left remaining. Brake Fluid Flush, fluid, and "32 point inspection" cost me $175.87. Overall my impression is they're competent, professional and a well-run shop. I'll go back!

Thanks for taking the time to document your experience! I first used J&F in 1980. Times, ownership, personnel & attitudes change - glad you had a good visit.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgoldin View Post
    Greetings,
    In my continuing quest to find a reasonably priced BMW maintenance and repair shop, I tried J&F Motors on Four Mile Run in Arlington. I had been there quite some time ago and was satisfied with their work and thought I'd try again. Anyway, it's close to where I work.
    My "replace brake fluid" light was on and I thought I might also need brakes on my 2012 Z4. Scheduling was pretty easy. They replaced the brake fluid, evaluated the brakes and said I had plenty of wear left remaining. Brake Fluid Flush, fluid, and "32 point inspection" cost me $175.87. Overall my impression is they're competent, professional and a well-run shop. I'll go back!
    I have used J&F numerous times, and recommend them as well. Close to home and work helps, and they are super easy with pick up and drop offs. Taken 2 E90 M3s there as well as E70 X5 and E39 528. It's them for service, and RRT for performance work!

Any suggestions for Frederick, MD area?
    Chip
    335i

Thread Information