Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 20
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Hey Woody! Congrats on the FTD! lol.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, looks like that was the case. I hope everyone enjoyed the course too. It is such a difficult surface to work with. It doesn't give you that satisfaction of ripping around a course with massive G levels....but it does force you to be fast but smooth. I think of it like a ballet at TSP.

I tried to set the course up so it didn't have any slow/tight spots, and would be fast and flowing. Other clubs make you run around each circle which can get old, so I tried to straighten out the lines a bit and add transitions.

So if there was anything that you guys think could have been improved let me know. I really liked that setup, but if I were to do it over, I'd have made it even faster, and a little more opened up....just because that lot is slippery enough. Since I ran 2 runs before, and 2 runs immediately after the rain, I can tell you I was only 0.5sec slower in the wet! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post

So if there was anything that you guys think could have been improved let me know.
    NEEEEEEED MOAR WAAAATTTTEEERRRR!!!!!

I would've liked the course to be a little faster. Making the straights just a little longer maybe.. I think maybe the lack of speed was due to the sheer lack of grip more than the course design though. Overall, it was a fun course.

A little bumpercam for fun. This was my second run in an E36 M3, afternoon just before the rain. It was a 59.1, 3 seconds behind Woody and Noel in T2.

Quote Originally Posted by joenationwide View Post
    Hey Woody! Congrats on the FTD! lol.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, looks like that was the case. I hope everyone enjoyed the course too. It is such a difficult surface to work with. It doesn't give you that satisfaction of ripping around a course with massive G levels....but it does force you to be fast but smooth. I think of it like a ballet at TSP.

I tried to set the course up so it didn't have any slow/tight spots, and would be fast and flowing. Other clubs make you run around each circle which can get old, so I tried to straighten out the lines a bit and add transitions.

So if there was anything that you guys think could have been improved let me know. I really liked that setup, but if I were to do it over, I'd have made it even faster, and a little more opened up....just because that lot is slippery enough. Since I ran 2 runs before, and 2 runs immediately after the rain, I can tell you I was only 0.5sec slower in the wet! WTF!
    Scott,

I thought the course was plenty fast enough

Hey Scott... I told you at the event and will again; it was definitely my favorite course so far this year and it was plenty fast enough for me. I know that's the closest my times will ever be to yours!

I love the curbing too.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    hey scott... I told you at the event and will again; it was definitely my favorite course so far this year and it was plenty fast enough for me. I know that's the closest my times will ever be to yours!

I love the curbing too.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    A little bumpercam for fun. This was my second run in an E36 M3, afternoon just before the rain. It was a 59.1, 3 seconds behind Woody and Noel in T2.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bavarian...03970219886114

Hand held camera FAIL

#256 - No handheld cameras in the cars while on course!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    http://picasaweb.google.com/bavarian...03970219886114

Hand held camera FAIL

#256 - No handheld cameras in the cars while on course!
    If anyone knows the driver of car 256 - Emmerling, Max - please inform him that he's responsible to ensure his passengers do not have handheld cameras.

Please see this post - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5115
    And this FAQ - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?v...faq&Itemid=154

Again, any requests for high-res photos email me at iamthenomad@gmail.com.

And, please don't feel like you have to donate to ask for high-res pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    If anyone knows the driver of car 256 - Emmerling, Max - please inform him that he's responsible to ensure his passengers do not have handheld cameras.

Please see this post - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5115
    And this FAQ - http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?v...faq&Itemid=154
    That was caught by the workers on course at the event. I'm pretty sure he's already been talked to.

Anyone got an answer to my question??? I need to replace these control arm bushings asap but I am waiting to order until I know for sure I will not be bumped up a class if I get poly, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    Anyone got an answer to my question??? I need to replace these control arm bushings asap but I am waiting to order until I know for sure I will not be bumped up a class if I get poly, thanks!

If you can find Black Poly no one would ever know.

what class are you in now, what mods do you have?
    BMW ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by vI6ious View Post
    If you can find Black Poly no one would ever know.

what class are you in now, what mods do you have?
    Showroom 3, just front strut brace, clutch stop, and CG Lock.

Thread Information