Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
One Lap of America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Lap of America

One Lap of America

If you have ever considered competing the in the One Lap of America, it is not too late to sign up for the 2008 event which will run from May 2 to 10. Two nearby tracks are on the schedule. Time trials will be held at VIR on Thursday, May 8 and Beaverun on Friday, the 9th. These will be open to the public but be aware that the first trial will start around 8 or 9 am. The day before VIR the One Lap circus will make a Wednesday afternoon stop at the BMW Performance Center near Greenville, SC for a special time trial event there. Mike Renner, the chief instructor at the Performance Center is rumored to be competing in the One Lap in a new M3 sedan. BMW is the official car this year and the One Lap staff will be traveling from venue to venue in new M3s. A number of National Capital members have already signed up the following variety of cars: a 335i, a 135i, an E60 M5, an M Coupe, a new Corvette Z06 and a Mustang. www.onelapofamerica.com
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    If you have ever considered competing the in the One Lap of America, it is not too late to sign up for the 2008 event which will run from May 2 to 10. Two nearby tracks are on the schedule. Time trials will be held at VIR on Thursday, May 8 and Beaverun on Friday, the 9th. These will be open to the public but be aware that the first trial will start around 8 or 9 am. The day before VIR the One Lap circus will make a Wednesday afternoon stop at the BMW Performance Center near Greenville, SC for a special time trial event there. Mike Renner, the chief instructor at the Performance Center is rumored to be competing in the One Lap in a new M3 sedan. BMW is the official car this year and the One Lap staff will be traveling from venue to venue in new M3s. A number of National Capital members have already signed up the following variety of cars: a 335i, a 135i, an E60 M5, an M Coupe, a new Corvette Z06 and a Mustang. www.onelapofamerica.com

Woody -

Will you be running it again this year? Wasn't sure whether you had found a seat....

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Woody -

Will you be running it again this year? Wasn't sure whether you had found a seat....

Neil
    I'll see you at the Perf Center.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Woody -

Neil
    I hope so. I'm still looking for a fast car for this year.
    Woody
    Woody

How steep is the entry fee this year?

I made this one of my goals to do before I turn 30, but I also need to learn to drive better... how many sets of tires did you guys go through in years past?

The entry fee is $2,600. Each driver has to obain a license from Sports Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) at $150 each.
    You're using street tires (140 or higher treadwear rating). Unless you have seriously wild camber or toe settings, the tires will easily last the event. Remember each time trial is only 3 laps (plus a recon and cool down).
    Woody

[quote=woodym3;21995]The entry fee is $2,600. Each driver has to obain a license from Sports Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) at $150 each.

What are the requirements to get the liscense? Do you need a certain amount of on track experience?
    Thanks!

2004 330Ci

No previous driving experience is necessary to get the SVRA license -- just the check.

I'm still driving on the street with the tires (Michelin PS2) that we ran in last year's One Lap.

Even though I'm running approx. 3.5 degrees negative camber up front (with 0 toe), we've never even gotten close to going through a set of tires.

Come on, join us!

Neil

So just having club driving experience (ie, HPDE) is enough?

Also, If I decide I am interested, I dont really have a second to do this with. What is the best way to team up?? Put a feeler out on our club site?

2004 330Ci

If anybody needs any vinyl decals for OneLap, I can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by VA 330Ci View Post
    So just having club driving experience (ie, HPDE) is enough?
    That's probably more experience than some One Lappers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Don't you also have to purchase a set of tires from TireRack as part of the admittance?

I'll be doing this next year...100%
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Yes, you do have to purchase a set of tires for the event from TireRack - at 25% off their advertised price.
    To clarify what Neil said, anyone can get the SVRA license, and drive in the skidpad and drag race events. The road course time trials require the driver to have "some" HPDE experience" at a minimum. It's not very definitive. Go to the website. All of this information, as well as a listing of the acceptable tire brands, is there. www.onelapofamerica.com
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Yes, you do have to purchase a set of tires for the event from TireRack - at 25% off their advertised price.
    To clarify what Neil said, anyone can get the SVRA license, and drive in the skidpad and drag race events. The road course time trials require the driver to have "some" HPDE experience" at a minimum. It's not very definitive. Go to the website. All of this information, as well as a listing of the acceptable tire brands, is there. www.onelapofamerica.com
    Can you buy R-comps as your set of tires? Just wondering...
    -Josh
    2002 BMW M3

Talking

Woody and Neil,

It was great talking to you guys at Carpool last night during the Social. I'm crunching the numbers as we speak, in order to figure out if I can swing One Lap this year.... You guys have a great Stump speech and I for one am sold on becoming a Lap Dog. First of course, I must be a "Lap Pup".
    Brooklyn Taylor - Member # 354954
    Chief Marketing Officer at NCCBMWCCA
    Garage: M3, M5, M6, 635CSi/5 & 850I/6

Thread Information