Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

04/25/2010 - Autocross School #2

REGISTER HERE - http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbm...4291&LMID=2912

That's right, back by popular demand, there will be a second autocross school!

On Sunday, April 25th, 2010, the NCC Autocross program will be conducting it's second Autocross School of 2010. Autocross is a safe, low-speed motorsport where competitors drive against the clock to turn in the best times as they navigate a driving course defined by orange parking cones in a large, open lot. The Autocross School is the best way for new and budding autocross participants to learn more about autocross and improve their driving performance through a combination of classroom education and in-car instruction by some of the best instructors in the Washington DC area. Come join us at Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, MD for a fun and educational day filled with safe but adrenaline raising motorsport.

Classroom sessions will include a variety of topics to help novice participants better understand what goes on in a day of autocross, and what they will likely be seeing and hearing around them as they participate in the motorsport. Instruction on how to prepare both the car and driver for autocross, how to register, tech inspect, work a course, and safety topics will get you up to speed with with the day-of operations for participating in autocross. Then, drivers will learn how to make the most of their runs by examining techniques like walking the course to determine good run lines, throttle modulation (your gas pedal is not an on-off switch!), and when to brake. Classroom discussions will also cover basic handling conditions such as 'oversteer' and 'understeer' you may have heard of, and how to correct them, and try to prevent these issues to give you your best runs.

When not in classroom sessions, it's time to put all of your new-found knowledge to work. Get ready to buckle up and drive, as you will get run after run to put your training and skills to the test with a series of handling and stopping challenges as you gear up to run a full autocross course. With one of our excellent instructors at your side, you will continue to receive guidance to improve your performance and lower your lap times. As you learn how to pick your turn-in points, choose your braking zones and work the throttle wisely, you will notice a consistent improvement in how your car handles confidently and smartly through the sea of cones.

There is no better way to get started in autocross than with the NCC Autocross School. Whether you've done a few events in the past, or if you've never been out to a course before, you'll find the program educational and the skills you learn useful not just on the autocross course, but for all of the driving you do. Our staff is ready to answer any questions you will have and will ensure you get personalized attention and instruction to overcome any concerns or issues. We are ready to introduce you to the fast and fun world of autocross, are you ready to join? Register now as space in our Autocross Schools are limited to the first 35 participants!

The Essentials ...

Registration

Please register using DLB Racing here: (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbm...4291&LMID=2912)

Registration will open Sunday, April 4th, at 12:00 AM EDT. (Saturday's Midnight)

Our Autocross Schools are generally for those who have not campaigned in a full season of autocross, or who have never been to an autocross school before. Therefore, we will host a staggered registration period:

04/04 - 04/10: First Time School Participants, BMWCCA Members Only
    04/11 - 04/16: First Time School Participants, Non-Members Permitted
    04/17-04/23: Repeat Participants

Plan to register shortly after your registration window opens, our schools have filled up fast in the past.

Attendance at the school is via online registration ONLY. No Exceptions! Prepayment of admission is required. Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Date

Sunday, April 25th, 2010 - 8:00am - 5:00pm

Regency Furniture Stadium
    The ballpark is located in Waldorf - St. Charles just south of Billingsley Road, the new East/West highway connecting US Route 301 and MD Route 5.
    Click here for a PDF map to the Ballpark

Cost

$60.00 - BMWCCA Members
    $80.00 - non-BMWCCA Members

More information on the event-day schedule and other news will be posted here as we get closer to the date. Mark your calendars now and save the date!

Please post any questions or discussion about this Autocross School in this thread.
    Last edited by Reach; 04-16-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I've been to 2 Autocross schools in the past and probably 10 events, but I wouldn't mind going again. Will the Repeat Participants school have more drive time with an instructor?
    I spilled my groceries...

Quote Originally Posted by otranscendental View Post
    I've been to 2 Autocross schools in the past and probably 10 events, but I wouldn't mind going again. Will the Repeat Participants school have more drive time with an instructor?
    I'm sure if there are enough instructors and all goes as planned, everyone will have equal amount of seat time with instructors.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Post I may be blind but . . .

. . . what are the hours for the course? I can't find them on the sheet.

The final schedule hasn't been announced, but expect it to be very similar to the earlier school. http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ll=1#post35812
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    I'm sure if there are enough instructors and all goes as planned, everyone will have equal amount of seat time with instructors.
    Do you need more instructors?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I'm not sure but probably. Last school there were 20(?) students, this schools registration is open for 35 students. Last school on the full course run Noel had to jump in and out of 2 cars because we didn't have enough instructors to fit in every car for one of the sessions. Maybe the organizors have a different plan on how to run the second school in mind..

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Yes, we need as many instructors as possible. Please contact me via PM if you or someone you know is interested in instructing.

Thanks!

I don't see the link, and assuming that DLBracing.com will host the registration, I don't see the school on thier calendar. Looks like 5 or so of us lurking.

I am really looking forward to making this one, guys...it will be my first time after numerous schedule conflicts in the past. However, right now it is after midnight and no registration link is showing so I'll just put in my name and hope to get on/in through a link in the morning ... George
    George Debney
    debneygj@cox.net

I'm waiting on it too. Hopefully it'll be up before I go to bed, but if it's not I am putting my name in too.

Same boat here. Finally on shore duty with some weekend time to myself.

Exclamation 12:35 am no link

Long day today, and I've got to go to sleep. Hope there are still slots in the morning!

Yup...time to register for the 05/22/2010 - Driving School @ Shenandoah and hope the AutoX school still has slots tomorrow.

Thread Information