Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Autocross 2010 Season Standings - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2010) Autocross 2010 Season Standings

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    John Moon and John Willemin (running in X3 the few events he came to, but local STX SCCA #1 I think) are both very good drivers with well-sorted cars. I would watch them much more closely than you watch me, lol. I'm still learning how to drive AWD and FI, having not had an AWD or turbo car since the mid-90s! Believe me, I watch their lines and listen to their throttle inputs closely when they're on course.

That said, for the Z you'd probably be better off watching guys in the RWD BMWs (there are plentyof good ones to watch) since they are going to have more similar handling dynamics and power to your car in many cases....driving a subie is quite different!

And I really envy you for being able to run tires that size~ I can't go beyond 245 or so without rolling or pulling the fenders....
    Yeah I like to watch the blue 2-door which is VERY fast as well. I also watch the blue 4-door bmw with stoptechs, and supercharger. I try to listen to their throttle inputs as well as looking at their lines. I work the 1st half of the morning heat so I get some good information. I'm running a square setup now with 245/40/18's. My initial setup was a 225/245 combo that really bad under-steer. No matter what tire pressures I ran, or sway bar settings I couldn't dial out that horrible under-steer. I even tried changing my driving style to suite the car, but to no avail. So I went and got two 245/40's to go along with the 245's I already had. Made a night and day difference. I can run 295's or 305's it just depends on my wheel selection. I'm looking at some mustang cobra r rims. Those are 17x9 so I can run a pretty big tire. I was supposed to do the CDC event today in Bowie, but I've been at work since 1AM!!! I'm a engineer so I had to support some stuff at work. Ugh! Anyway the last race I will stay for the afternoon sessions. Heck I may drive if they let me....

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    Everyone the points have been calculated up to event 7. They are posted on our autocross homepage in the results column. If anyone sees any errors please PM me and I'll try to get it resolved.

Wes
    Wes, I should be in M2 for events 5 and 7, where my times woulda placed me 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Bob Hausmann 99 Z3M coupe

Points are updated

Everyone I'm taking down the current points and will be posting points through event 7 only. This is due to the issues with names and classes in event 8. I'll get it fixed and back up as soon as possible.

Wes

Update

UPDATE

Points and Trophies have been calculated and are posted on the autocross webpage on the left hand side.

All corrections MUST be sent to me via PM or by e-mail wes557@gmail.com. Please put "2010 Points correction" in the subject line. Everyone will have until December 1st, 2010 to submit corrections. After that all points are final. Thanks everyone for great and fun season.

Wes

SWEET! 3rd place trophy for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    SWEET! 3rd place trophy for me!
    bah, I need to make more events! Maybe I'll go D-Stock next year in SCCA...I just don't know if I can stomach dropping money on Allgeritas and slicks. Algeritas weigh 8lbs less than our stock rims in the same size (first gen MS3, anway, I dunno what your 18x7.5" weigh)!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    bah, I need to make more events! Maybe I'll go D-Stock next year in SCCA...I just don't know if I can stomach dropping money on Allgeritas and slicks. Algeritas weigh 8lbs less than our stock rims in the same size (first gen MS3, anway, I dunno what your 18x7.5" weigh)!
    Why not just go out and have fun with what you have?

D-Stock is an awesome option with some good people in the class. You'd have a good time. D-Stock is also about the only class I can really see the MS3 being useful, moving up from there opens car listings and moves the MS3 to a mid-pack/backmarker.

BTW if you buy slicks, you wont be class legal. Slicks are bias ply, not DOT rated.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 10-29-2010 at 09:56 PM.

I'm looking forward to collecting hardware for second place in X3.

Mad props go to Jim Newman for piecing together a championship run with four or five different cars. Maybe that Corolla isn't your secret weapon; some credit obviously goes to the guy turning the steering wheel.

I hope everyone enjoys the off-season. I know I've got a project or two in the work$ I can't wait to get $tarted on.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Why not just go out and have fun with what you have?
    This is part of the internal struggle I've had lately. I keep imagining that if I try to become competitive (albeit with an atypical car for the top ranks of SCCA), that I'll just become frustrated. I'd jump on slicks and shocks, etc., but I feel like I'd lose the enjoyment...especially when I have so much to improve upon as a driver. Ultimately, I'll probably just stick around BMWCCA because I have friends that attend and I enjoy the overall attitude of the participants. My car is very capable (and I can be a very incompetent driver with a heavy right foot), so I should just go out and drive the crap out of it like it was meant to be driven. After all, that's why I bought the thing.

tldr; you're right

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    D-Stock is an awesome option with some good people in the class. You'd have a good time. D-Stock is also about the only class I can really see the MS3 being useful, moving up from there opens car listings and moves the MS3 to a mid-pack/backmarker.

BTW if you buy slicks, you wont be class legal. Slicks are bias ply, not DOT rated.
    Thanks for the correction. When I think of slicks, I just think of r-comps, which is inaccurate.

I agree with the D-Stock comments. STU is out of the question because of the AWD buggies and DSP is good money to run with the pack. DS is also the cheapest; I just wish my stock rims weren't 18x7.

Lol, I'm thinking of some Kosei RPF1s, only .6 lbs heavier than the Alligeterras and 100 bucks less. No slicks for me though, the Kumho XS's that everyone else runs sound like a good upgrade for me.

My car is very capable (and I can be a very incompetent driver with a heavy right foot), so I should just go out and drive the crap out of it like it was meant to be driven. After all, that's why I bought the thing.

tldr; you're right
    Thats why I bought my speed3.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    Lol, I'm thinking of some Kosei RPF1s, only .6 lbs heavier than the Alligeterras and 100 bucks less. No slicks for me though, the Kumho XS's that everyone else runs sound like a good upgrade for me.
    The RPF1s are made by Enkei, but I know the Kosei rims you're referring to (K1s). They don't make the RPF1s or K1s in 18x7, which means they can't be used in an SCCA stock class for the Speed3 because you must have the same diameter and width rims and be within 0.25" on the offset. I've thought about getting 17x8 RPF1s with 225/45 or 235/40 tires, but I decided against the expense in favor of a compromise tire to replace the stock RE05As.

Thread Information