Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VIR, 5-7 Sept. with PCA Potomac

Thread: VIR, 5-7 Sept. with PCA Potomac

VIR, 5-7 Sept. with PCA Potomac

I'm sorry for the late announcement. I thought I had posted here before.

Space is available in all run groups for our event 5 - 7 September at VIR.

Instructors $225/non-Instructors $375 -- We do charge instructors; but, you are only assigned one student.

If you are interested, please email me at dechair@pcapotomac.org
    Alan
    08 135I
    83 911 SC (trackster)
    90 911 (Sally's Carrera)
    04 A4
    04 Blingmobile - tow vehicle

Full Course?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Full course.
    Alan
    08 135I
    83 911 SC (trackster)
    90 911 (Sally's Carrera)
    04 A4

Count me in. I simply can't resist that Potomac PCA instructor fee subsidy for students. Thanks, Alan.

BonBahn
    BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by dbonner View Post
    Count me in. I simply can't resist that Potomac PCA instructor fee subsidy for students. Thanks, Alan.

BonBahn

Doug it was fun running with you (when I could pedal to keep up ). I didn't think that giant M5 would handle like it did. I was really impressed.

Steve
    Black 944 S2
    2004 325xi
    1990 Porsche 944 S2 - Track Car
    1983 Porsche 911 Targa
    1980 BMW R65

What were the session times like? Was it crowded? Never did a PCA event.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    What were the session times like? Was it crowded? Never did a PCA event.
    Car 54,

3 x 30 minute sessions per day. On Sunday, there were two tremendous 35 minute sessions (after a 25 minute session) for a good endurance workout. In our White Group, there were about 18-20 cars, and only 1 train caused by a relatively inexperienced driver who got blackflagged for not giving point bys to a line of 5 cars behind him for 3 laps. But that was by far the exception. Driver courtesy was the norm.

Though well attended, the event was hardly congested at all, helped in part by overblown fears (pardon the pun) of Hurricane Hanna, which caused some attrition of students and instructors. Track was soaked Saturday morning but miraculously cleared by Noon save for a few minor wet spots. PCA DE did a marvelous job of rolling with the punches and quickly redid the Saturday schedule so that all groups got all their track time in the afternoon, in part by combining Blue/Green groups.

Steve Twei,

Thanks. Great to run with you and Potomac PCA too. The 2 ton Beast loves V.I.R., where the hp, torque, weight and momentum can work to its advantage on some of those high speed, off camber turns like South Bend and Hogpen. It was flirting with the Porsches again, and most everyone welcomes a few "foreign" marques. See you out there again soon!

BonBahn

BonBahn
    BonBahn

3 X 30? How many run groups? I know PCA is well priced, but it makes me wonder why guys criticize Car Guys for thier admittidly more expensive offering. 4 sessions, from 30 to 45 minutes, low turnout - no trains. Heck Trackdaze 2 weeks ago was 4 x 25 (they do tend to have a higher track density).

Guess I'm picky with ViR. It's my favorite track by far, but with the nearly 4hr drive to ViR w/mandatory (for me) 2 hotel days minimum + gas, I like more tracktime when i go there.

There were 5 run groups with PCA. Only about 18-20 cars per run group, so relatively low density on the Full Course. Maybe not as much track time as Car Guys, based on your numbers, but PCA runs a well managed, safe school, and slightly more track time than TarHeel I believe at a somewhat lower price per day. BonBahn

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    3 X 30? How many run groups? I know PCA is well priced, but it makes me wonder why guys criticize Car Guys for thier admittidly more expensive offering. 4 sessions, from 30 to 45 minutes, low turnout - no trains. Heck Trackdaze 2 weeks ago was 4 x 25 (they do tend to have a higher track density).

Guess I'm picky with ViR. It's my favorite track by far, but with the nearly 4hr drive to ViR w/mandatory (for me) 2 hotel days minimum + gas, I like more tracktime when i go there.
    BonBahn

And Sally moved to White where she was able to run with the faster crowd.

Significant events coming up

PCA Potomac at SPR main - November 1 & 2

Audi club - VIR - November 15 and 16
    TrackDaze - VIR - November 17 and 18

four days at VIR - must bring pads, rotors, tires,....
    Alan
    08 135I
    83 911 SC (trackster)
    90 911 (Sally's Carrera)
    04 A4

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post

I understand your position entirely. It is really our price model. We all have to pay for the track. A few potential entrants have suggested that we raise our prices to lower our subscription and provide more track time to fewer participants. I believe that there are a number of groups that cater to this desire. From our experience, we have learned that this desire is more prevalent in our intermediate group or advanced groups where the participants are neither instructed nor instructors. We have also found that for the most part, students learn better when their day is broken up with plenty of recuperation time between sessions. Time to badger drivers about hydration. Still at VIR I lost my student to heat exhaustion/dehydration on the first day despite my warnings about hydration.
    Alan
    08 135I
    83 911 SC (trackster)
    90 911 (Sally's Carrera)
    04 A4

Quote Originally Posted by white911 View Post
    And Sally moved to White where she was able to run with the faster crowd.

She (the car?) was pretty quick. I like those yellow mirrors.,,,really does make it stand out.
    2004 325xi
    1990 Porsche 944 S2 - Track Car
    1983 Porsche 911 Targa
    1980 BMW R65

Thread Information