Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park - Page 22
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #4 - July 11 @ Summit Point Motorsports Park

Got video proof? I'm sure if video was conclusive, you could use it to prove you're right.

Here's my runs 1-4...first run was clearly off course, second featured some reversing...third and fourth I was just trying to put things together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pySmasT6NrU
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Katie, are your pics posted someplace?
    Yeah...about that...

I have 1052 pics from Saturday that are decent enough to share. Unfortunately after 3 hours of sorting through pics and at least 10 attempts at uploading there are 801 loaded. We'll try and run the rest of them later on tonight (probably around 11:30/midnight) but if you want to look through the ones that are up the direct link is here. We'll get them up as soon as we can...

~Katie

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    Yeah...about that...

I have 1052 pics from Saturday that are decent enough to share. Unfortunately after 3 hours of sorting through pics and at least 10 attempts at uploading there are 801 loaded. We'll try and run the rest of them later on tonight (probably around 11:30/midnight) but if you want to look through the ones that are up the direct link is here. We'll get them up as soon as we can...

~Katie
    damn, I guess mine are in the last group of 250....none of the 4th heat cars are up there yet

based on the vantage point you were shooting from I'm hoping for some good ones.

so never seen SmugMug before...if we pay for the photos on there, do you get the money or does the site?
    Last edited by irish44j; 07-14-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    I watched you all the way around on your first run when I was working and did not see you go off course nor did I hear an off-course call on the radio. I only remember this because since I know you, I definitely would have remembered since I would have had to make fun of you

IIRC I even commented to the guy working with me that you had a nice run that looked fast.....but we couldn't see the times from our position.

unfortunately, the only thing my memory (plus 75 cents) will get you is a can of Coke.
    yeah, you might think it looked fast but it was actually just the Budget b pipe tricking you. I don't really like the new exhaust, but at least it doesn't bang on my SFCs all day like the stock b pipe did.

Oh man my car looks cool in those pics Katie, I need to improve my looks a little I think. I'll work on that for next time. Nice job, thank you.

Yeah...about that...

~Katie
    The pics look great! The water makes them look brochure-like.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Great pics! Thank you!
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Thanks guys! The rest of the pics are up...well 1051 out of 1052 are up. We'll find that last one and get it up sometime. I hope you enjoy!

~Katie

Thanks guys! The rest of the pics are up...well 1051 out of 1052 are up. We'll find that last one and get it up sometime. I hope you enjoy!

~Katie
    awesome!! thanks katie!!

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSC View Post
    Pete what the heck happened? You waxed us the last two events at TSP, I figured that it would be better to wait until they get the drainage sorted out before I try it there again, even when it isn't raining there seems to be a problem with standing water.
    How is the grip on dry pavement? Were there any off course mishaps with the dry pavement? I have heard there are some slick areas even when it is dry. I guess that I will have to give it another shot and pray that there is no rain that week. For now I will be looking forward to Sykesville, that is my favorite venue; no poles, good grip and my tires don't look like hamburger at the end of the day.
    It rained after my first run. I couldn't put any heat in to the tires as grip was so bad. I just understeered through every corner except the 90 degree box. I couldn't do much as I was bogging the car down in second gear going so slowly. Throughout my entire series of runs I only increased tire pressure by 1 lb and my tires where cold to the touch.

The course really benefited low horsepower heavier cars. It was almost funny as I short shifted the car in to second on my first run and on deceleration understeered towards the gates. Even braking caused front en loss of grip which I was hoping to load the front tires to get some traction didn't do anything.

Interestingly enough, after the rain washed away the layer of crud I ran a slightly faster time than my dry run. It still wasn't pretty but it felt better than my previous runs. Times after the track started to dry seemed to come back at the end of the day.

Just wasn't my day,
    NCC

Who would have thought that our local AX would generate 326, uh 327 messages and a whole 'nuther thread.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Who would have thought that our local AX would generate 326, uh 327 messages and a whole 'nuther thread.

I sure did ...

We're, by far, the most active program within the club ... and I LOVE IT!

(oh ... and here's to 328)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    They're great additions and I like to watch other people to see what lines they take. I try to remember what I can about the lines that I take and compare them to others.
    Cleverly, my videos show which lines NOT to take: http://www.youtube.com/agreatham.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Cleverly, my videos show which lines NOT to take: http://www.youtube.com/agreatham.
    Hey, it's till nice to see what other people are doing! I'm pretty new to AutoX, like you, but from what I see, you make a lot of very sharp turns, as if you're getting "behind" the cones. Others will have more accurate/constructive comments

Do you look ahead while you're on the course or exclusively at the next gate? Some of your lines can be better to set you up for the next turn. I especially noticed this on the small slalom + 90 degree chicago box on the return. If you had drawn out further to the left before the box, you can take that turn at a much higher speed because the line you'd be using has a larger radius.

Hey, it's till nice to see what other people are doing! I'm pretty new to AutoX, like you, but from what I see, you make a lot of very sharp turns, as if you're getting "behind" the cones. Others will have more accurate/constructive comments
    I see what you're saying. Yes, I'm really just reacting to the gates at this point instead of anticipating where they're going to be. I figured if I had maybe 40 more runs, it would look like I knew where I was supposed to go.

Do you look ahead while you're on the course or exclusively at the next gate? Some of your lines can be better to set you up for the next turn. I especially noticed this on the small slalom + 90 degree chicago box on the return. If you had drawn out further to the left before the box, you can take that turn at a much higher speed because the line you'd be using has a larger radius.
    You're right. I'm not looking ahead as much as I should. It's more like I'm driving from gate to gate. Here's a little bit of what's going on in my head while I'm driving:

Me: Wow, that's a lot of water. I wonder how deep that is?
    Course Worker: Go!
    Me: Okay, right turn, left turn.
    [Water splashes from the wheels]
    Me: Whee!
    Me: [Realizes that the windows are down] Crap, I left the windows down.
    Me: Okay where do I go now? Ah, left.
    Me: Sweeping right turn over here, don't forget the left at the end. Hey, that was my station when I was working the course.
    Me: Wide left turn here ... hmm ... I wonder if my tires are still wet.

and so on ...

Thread Information