Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3 - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2010 - Autocross Points Event #3

Oh, and someone already went down the shallow hill the first year we were at SP. He was in an M5. It was wet. His car was fine. The dangerous spots are the other corners of the course, not particularly the front hill. I think that same M5 nearly went down it again today in fund runs.

You mean this (first pic)? That was also the event that some guys had to drag the another car out of one of the mud islands up top. It was the first event last year...meaning it was really wet out.

~Katie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	567135917_dsc_8836.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	1144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	567123546_dsc_8757.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	1145  

I think the "tire walls" would have been worse to hit. Or a go kart.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieT View Post
    You mean this (first pic)? That was also the event that some guys had to drag the another car out of one of the mud islands up top. It was the first event last year...meaning it was really wet out.

~Katie
    LOL. I forgot about the second car, the RX-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Waldorf was not great for him or me, for whatever reason. But you're right, he did learn quickly. I wish his car was more fun to watch, it's all no-drama and low-pitch boxer rumble!
    I think with the surface at Waldorf I had an edge from my tires (RE01R's).....on the summit slick, I don't think they helpd!

I tried to have some drama in my rex today, but had aired down the rear too much and couldn't get it to really step out when I wanted it to

a couple pics....camera battery was no good so I only took 3, and all of pat henry in his subie, not his bmw...plus one other of the BEAUTIFUL 2002 in the lot...best example I've ever seen.

I still can't believe that 39.1 run in the white stock WRX. Wow...
    I spent some time talking with the WRX driver, I think his name is Mike, although he is new to autocross he told me he has substantial Spec Miata wheel to wheel racing experience.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    I spent some time talking with the WRX driver, I think his name is Mike, although he is new to autocross he told me he has substantial Spec Miata wheel to wheel racing experience.

Joe
    that makes me feel better about losing to him then. Thanks

Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6M2Eoo3xKE
    Twice the horsepower and half the grip made me very nervous...

James:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIniMF-hgW0
    Thanks, Man!

I had a great time today. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it out today but I got there in the nick of time! I did not like the way I drove today save for the very last run and even then I wish I had approached the horse shoe like Noel in his vids above. Felt like I was in a funk but I was pleasantly surprised to see I came in 4th in T2. I still can't figure out how Ron got a 37.1 after watching Noel completely OWN that course and still be 1.5 seconds off Ron's time. Ron's cheating! Ahaha jk and congrats to Ron for FTD!

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    a couple pics....camera battery was no good so I only took 3, and all of pat henry in his subie,

What's up with that Subie? Is it an LGT with a FMIC?

What's up with that Subie? Is it an LGT with a FMIC?
    Pat's? No, it's just a base non-turbo Legacy, all stock except the wheels/tires. He's finishing up an E30 325i build and driving his DD in the meantime.

also...photographer guy, I know you were shooting me. I want to see the pics!!

My biggest 'wow' of the day was that Ron H's 37.150 (ridiculous, 1st in T2) was the VERY FIRST run of the day, period. He lined up at the start gate before even seeing anyone drive it, and just absolutely killed the course. Let this say something about having a little experience!

I think many people out there, myself especially, were over-thinking the course. This is a testament to yet another excellent course from Sam. Today was the first time I have ever shifted 1->2->3->2->3 on an autocross, and summit isn't really a magically large lot either! 4 runs was simply not enough for me to 'figure it out', and I am confident that I left a ton of time on the table if I had just stuck to riding the rev limiter in 2nd around the horseshoe. But, as Noel wisely said, it was quite the learning experience for 3rd (twice in a run on my car!)

In the natural line, I ran out of 2nd gear before the horseshoe (well before), exiting the horseshoe, and again before finish. Congrats to John Althouse for the T1 win. Beat me apples for apples today in a tight race, that was fun.

Wild.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

As far as Mike goes, he and I have hung out at these autocrosses. He said that he was shocked by his time and couldn't believe it. I know his AWD was a boon on the cold AM pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Pat's? No, it's just a base non-turbo Legacy, all stock except the wheels/tires. He's finishing up an E30 325i build and driving his DD in the meantime.

Gotcha, just like my Mom's (no offense meant, it's just like it ) I thought a base 2.5 would be more of a pig moving the weight and with AWD loss, guess the stick helps.

Thread Information