Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1 - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 03/20/2010 - Autocross Points Event #1

Here is a little video I put together trying out the new camera.... Watching the videos over and over again, I realize all the little dumb mistakes I made... I think I lost a lot of time on the second half of the course. Oversteering the showcase turn (oops LOL) and then taking a bad angle on the last major turn.

Regardless, I had a great time. I added a little musik for fun. (the beginning is shaky because I was trying to how the tiny GoPro camera with my hand - which didn't work out as well as I had hoped).

Katie - fabulous job!!!

great pics Katie - hey, I've not really used smugmug before and just wondering re: "using" the pics - I assume that it's not a problem posting them on car forums (for me NASIOC) and things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Why don't you make the person running timing do the announcing as well?
    It's too much chaos for one person. Trust me on that one. Bowie is easy to time with only two cars on course, but it gets even crazier with three or four.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Why don't you make the person running timing do the announcing as well?
    True, although for this last event the person announcing the times had no view of about 3/4s of the course and didnt have a walkie talkie to hear the course workers. That should be an easy fix for future events, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    great pics Katie - hey, I've not really used smugmug before and just wondering re: "using" the pics - I assume that it's not a problem posting them on car forums (for me NASIOC) and things like that?
    Your donation(s) definitely help out. Feel free to post them anywhere you want (less a commercial use of course).

Are those gold wheels stock on your car? They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    The committee has made available, for a very limited time, the ability for you to convert your registration to a Season Subscription!
    Thanks for doing this. I just wish someone else hadn't already taken the answer to life, the universe and everything.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Your donation(s) definitely help out. Feel free to post them anywhere you want (less a commercial use of course).

Are those gold wheels stock on your car? They look great!
    Thanks, they're just Rota SDRs with "custom" centercaps designed by my 2 1/2 year old daughter (um, pink and red with an "a" on them). I like them on the car, but for street driving I like to keep a low profile and not attract attention so I don't use them much on the street (probably why I have a WRX that looks like a corolla and not a rally car, lol). Plus RE01s aren't ideal for my lousy-road commute....

my summer wheels are the same wheels in gray (with my stock tires)

my winter wheels are my stock wheels (with Wintersport 3D)

summer/street

stockers

Thanks Katie - awesome shots as always!

^^hmm...guess I could have just said "see my signature" lol..oh well, I'm a photo whore anyways.

a seriously noob question....every time its a totally different course set up? or the cones are more or less in the same arrangement...also how come no Benzs or Audi's?! I told my buddy about this place and i will def be bringing him with next time, he has a Audi Alltrack twin turbo 6 speed chipped...Basically a station wagon soccer mom ride with 340+hp...can't wait to see what runs.

Last edited by Petrovich; 03-22-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    a seriously noob question....every time its a totally different course set up? or the cones are more or less in the same arrangement...also how come no Benzs or Audi's?! I told my buddy about this place and i will def be bringing him with next time, he has a Audi Alltrack twin turbo 6 speed chipped...Basically a station wagon soccer mom ride with 340+hp...can't wait to see what runs.
    Different course every time. That's part of the challenge with autocrossing...the fact that it's a new layout each time and it's new to everyone.

Benzs only have slush boxes and Audi driver's are too busy starring at their LED headlights? JK...

Quote Originally Posted by fitchesbass View Post
    True, although for this last event the person announcing the times had no view of about 3/4s of the course and didnt have a walkie talkie to hear the course workers. That should be an easy fix for future events, I would think.

That was an oversight on setup, but it was noted and corrected for future events. The announcer will be sitting with the timing crew to call out times and penalty for all future events.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    also how come no Benzs or Audi's?! I told my buddy about this place and i will def be bringing him with next time, he has a Audi Alltrack twin turbo 6 speed chipped...Basically a station wagon soccer mom ride with 340+hp...can't wait to see what runs.
    Can't explain the lack of Audis or MBs this time around. Last October when I ran there were a couple of pretty impressive examples of both in the afternoon session. I can't get into specifics since I don't know jack about which model is which with either brand. I do know one of the Benzes had folks oohing and aahing pretty good.

The variety of what shows up to autocross is one of the big attractions. Some groups are more diverse than others. At a CDC event you'll have everything from the phony Cobras to a Morgan or a Jensen Healey or a TR-6. My pretty typical autocrossing Miata was almost beat by a purple MGB-GT last fall. That would have been embarrassing.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Jonathan and Katie, I can't believe how fast you got the results and pics up! Thank you, as always.

Also, thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this event run as smoothly as it did. I had a great time.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Thread Information