Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (2009) Top 10 Reasons For Free Entry At Chapterfest

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Go to Red Hot and Blue and try to get BUFFET FOOD/DRINK & a SHIRT for $10. SERIOUSLY, everyone who complained should just go to a soup kitchen or something
    The #8 complaint came from the guy driving the Porsche Cayenne (GTS model as I was told). You mean you can drive a spiffy car like that and are struggling to cough up a measly $10 bucks? Get outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfrau View Post
    The #8 complaint came from the guy driving the Porsche Cayenne (GTS model as I was told). You mean you can drive a spiffy car like that and are struggling to cough up a measly $10 bucks? Get outta here!
    That's embarassing cuz I know exactly who that is lol. I'm surprised he didn't drop my name.

Hey, maybe the penny pinching is how he was eventually able to afford the GTS!

That's embarassing cuz I know exactly who that is lol. I'm surprised he didn't drop my name.
    If I recall correctly, his friend in the passenger seat coughed up the (2) $5 bills for him after he gave us a hard time. I just couldn't believe it.
    But, in the end, he REALLY wanted to get in.

If I recall correctly, his friend in the passenger seat coughed up the (2) $5 bills for him after he gave us a hard time. I just couldn't believe it.
    But, in the end, he REALLY wanted to get in.
    Heh... that's retarded. The friend was asian I'm assuming?

Not sure, can't remember.

There was only one Black GTS there...

It's ok.. my friend with the RX-8 tried to get in for free also. He wound up paying also.

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    There was only one Black GTS there...

It's ok.. my friend with the RX-8 tried to get in for free also. He wound up paying also.
    Oh, so you're "The Bogdan" that someone mentioned. Man! there was A LOT of name-dropping yesterday. Actually, 2 separate cars name-dropped "The Bogdan" on us. I believe one guy was about to call you on his cell phone, but he changed his mind at the last minute when we called his bluff. I think it was your name, but I'm only 50% sure. It could have been <insert board member name> instead. Anyways, it was a hilarious 1-hour stint up there at the entry gate. I felt like the club bouncer up there.

***NOTE TO JONATHON for 2010*** Please bring red velvet rope next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    I can not agree more.

Heck, I would have paid $5 just to be able to see that many fine Bimmers in one place. Seems a few others felt that way as well. There appeared to be a lot of people just walking around and checking out all the cars in the parking/pits area.

The food was fantastic. Sodas at any other event would cost you at least $1, and you couldn't touch that lunch for $5.

The shirts are FANTASTIC. Love mine and even bought another one for my Brother-In-Law who could not attend.
    I wish I had gotten there earlier. I showed up at the start of the second heat. I helped Linh(?) with timing, and by the time that was done I had to drive and the show cars were all leaving. I pretty much completely missed that part At least I got to see some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
    Watching the autoX was great. The wife and I are already thinking of getting her Miata set up for autoX for the future.

All in all, it was a great event. I would have never thought the wife and boy would be interested in spending 3 hours at such an event, but they loved it. Only downside was the rain, but that made the autoX even more interesting for awhile.
    What the heck needs to be "set up" on a Miata to autox? Just put on a helmet

I offered to take a couple of kids for a ride. The first seemed interested, but his dad was hesitant. Maybe it seemed creepy or something. It just seemed like the spectating kids (or adults) might enjoy it from inside a car. I ended up taking Sam and another guy whose name I can't recall. Next year we could maybe use a more organized way to offer rides. Bogdan made a PA announcement for his taxi, but I would have taken anyone on any of my runs. My car's not as cool as his, but it was faster yesterday

Yup, that was Linh (spelling is correct)

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    ...Bogdan made a PA announcement for his taxi, but I would have taken anyone on any of my runs...
    Haha, I didn't hear that while working at the other end of the track, but it reminds me of the 'Ring taxi driven by Sabine Schmitz. A couple of runs looked like he was trying to see how many people he could stuff in the backseat!

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Next year we could maybe use a more organized way to offer rides. Bogdan made a PA announcement for his taxi, but I would have taken anyone on any of my runs. My car's not as cool as his, but it was faster yesterday
    Thanks for lending Linh a helping hand.

My tires were already bald on the outside when I got there in the morning, I think I might be close to showing cord at this point.

Adam was faster than me yesterday. Bastard.

At least it was fun getting one of the girls to scream on one of the rides. :lol:

p.s. The car can fit 3 people in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    Thanks for lending Linh a helping hand.

My tires were already bald on the outside when I got there in the morning, I think I might be close to showing cord at this point.

Adam was faster than me yesterday. Bastard.

At least it was fun getting one of the girls to scream on one of the rides. :lol:

p.s. The car can fit 3 people in the back.
    One benefit (downside?) of having half your HP is I can't have as much fun abusing the tires. Mine seem to be lasting forever. A test & tune may take care of them, though.

Hey, I can fit 3 in the back too, if they're 4 feet tall and lay down stacked 3 high. Or skinny with no legs.

I would have sworn I heard a couple "dude screams" out of the back of your car as well.

Your big drifto with 5 on-board was among the spectator highlights yesterday, along with the drift exhibition put on by the silver E30 driver in the wet. I want his car control skills.

Yea seriously Bogdan you only got one girl to scream? I expected more tsk tsk.

If it makes you feel better the youngin in the Cayenne GTS doesn't own the car. And he complains about everything.

Thread Information