Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
TireRack generally has better prices than BavAuto. Although they don't seem to have any steel wheels in stock right now. I'd go with 15" steel wheels and get the BMW wheel covers from a dealer or BavAuto. That's what I have on the E36/5.

If you're staying in the area and not heading into the mountains into deep snow on a regular basis, stick with one of the ice-oriented or winter performance oriented tires. You'll give up a little deep snow traction, but they'll be fine in the usual slush / light snow / ice. I've have the Michelin X-Ice on two vehicles, and while they're not performance oriented, they're good in the slick stuff. Stay away from the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 (other Blizzak models may be okay) unless you want your BMW to handle like a Buick LeSabre.

Vic

Visit my Team-In-Training Website at
http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/vjmvjmvjm
i have the blizzak ws-50's on my wife's e46 325it. they are not anywhere near as bad as portrayed above. you shouldn't "stay away from them". they are outstanding in snow/ice/slush. i have them on steel wheels from tirerack. highly recommended.