Need Help!

My 323i wagon (2000) would have been overheated to death on highway today, which happened just after the radiator was replaced a week ago.

When I brought her to one of the best BMW shop in VA to check "service engine light", the leaking of the radiator was diagnosed and the replacement was strongly recommended immediately since BMW is very susceptible to overheating. The water pump and expansion tank that had been replaced 3 years ago were still OK, so I decided to have the radiator replaced with new coolant.

But, the "service engine light" came back on the next day after the replacement, which was very annoying and made me on alert. On weekend, I checked the fluid level and had to top off the coolant, which went down 1 inch than it was. Then, the disaster came to me on highway.

I got "coolant level low" signal and hurried to take off the highway. While I managed to pull over the car, the engine was overheated. I added the coolant and deleted the warning. The temperature came back to normal. But, the light showed up again in a mile and I had to leave the car in near parking lot. It was a shock that I felt I would have been killed by overheating on the road.

I saw lots of coolant splashed all over backside of the radiator and were dripping here and there on the ground. I cannot find where the coolant are splattering from but everywhere are wet. I can see an amount of leaking coolant sitting even on the bottom engine cover.

The reason I try to detail the failure is I want to get your advice on how to fix coolant leaking and how to claim againt the shop on this worst repair. His mistake may nearly break down my car and put me in dager. I can't imagine if this failure may occur when I drive with my family on highway. I was on my way to pick up my daughter.

Any good comment would be greatly appreciated. I really need your help and good advice immediately. Thanks!