Quote Originally Posted by gnhovis View Post
Turbo and Supercharged Cooper S Coupes and Clubmen into Group 3. ; Cooper S to E30 M3 or 325is;
I hate to turn this into an online debate on classing but I thought that I need to put in my two cents. Last year, stock non-M E36 and E46 were classed in Showroom B (SB) which I believe to some extent becomes Group 3 this year (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Considering how well MINIs performed in SCCA autocross, it's kinda hard to see the porky E36 and E46 compete against Turbo or Supercharged MINIs. I understand your comparison of E30 M3 to Cooper S but looking at last year's result most cars competed in SB were E46s (including mine). I am sure if a stock E30 M3 were to show up, assuming equivalent drivers skill, the E30 M3 would eat the non M E36 and E46s everyday. However, I personally think that in our autocross there is a higher chance of Showroom classed MINIs showing up than Showroom classed E30 M3.

Having said that, whatever you guys decide I'll still go to NCCBMWCCA autocross since you guys are more laid back and I am not that competitive anyway . I just want to know that at least I am competitively classed and if I still lose it's because the nut job behind the steering wheel not because I don't have a chance. That's all guys.