Quote Originally Posted by mtnstpr View Post
Carolyn E., my POC with the DMV informed me of the reverse scenario as did my local legislative representatives in Vienna/Arlington...

1. Have your local representative commit to sponsor the bill to be sponsored/voted on as state legislation.

2. Collect the needed paperwork within 30 days to be turned into the DMV after the representation has signed on.

If you've heard different from Carolyn or have experience with this, please feel free to get in contact with me.
Your #2 statement says everything ...

If you don't collect money and applications before getting legislature approval, how do you plan on having everything submitted within the 30 day period? You must have everything ready to go before legislature to make it work.

I honestly don't think that you're going to find 350 people willing to front $35.00 for a finished product to arrive no earlier than 18 months from collection date. (BTW ... This means collecting the money and creating an escrow account)

You can continue on whatever route you want, but as of this point, our chapter's board has decided to not support this project.