Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone have an e36 ball joint removal tool?

Thread: Anyone have an e36 ball joint removal tool?

Anyone have an e36 ball joint removal tool?

I would like to rent it from you for a weekend.

Thanks,
    Steve g

Quote Originally Posted by steveg
    I would like to rent it from you for a weekend.

Thanks,
    Steve g
    just a thought, but if you need to replace the outer ball joint on an e36, just replace the whole control arm. chances are if the outer one is toast, the inner (non-replaceable one) will soon be too.

i suspect the rest of the bmw's that have this design have non-replaceable outer ball joints for a reason...(all e30's, e36 m3)

plus, no special tools needed.

marshall
    many e36's and e30's.
    pile of used control arms in garage.

well thats regularly a good thought, however in my quest to make my non m3 sort of like an m3 I just had to have the m3 brakes. It was just one of those stupid momentary lapses of reason I guess. Anyhow when I separated the spindle from the control arm i wrecked up the boots on the joints. The control arms weren't very old either. So if I was to replace the entire control arm I would have to go through the issue of dealing with the bushings again.

ahhhh! good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by steveg
    well thats regularly a good thought, however in my quest to make my non m3 sort of like an m3 I just had to have the m3 brakes. It was just one of those stupid momentary lapses of reason I guess. Anyhow when I separated the spindle from the control arm i wrecked up the boots on the joints. The control arms weren't very old either. So if I was to replace the entire control arm I would have to go through the issue of dealing with the bushings again.

If all you did was tear up the boots, and the ball joint is still good, just replace the boot. BMPD has them:

http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exec/product_id/683

Kevin
    (has the bmpd boots on my E30...)

Thread Information