Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Service Record Search

Thread: Service Record Search

Service Record Search

:?: I recently purchased a 1992 525i. Of course it came with no service records or past history other than carfax. What can I do to research and find a past on this car.? I would like to find out as much as possible about what service has taken place so that I can do a more comprehensive restoration. :?:

Service Record Search

Try giving your local dealer a call to see what they can tell you by way of looking up the car on BMW's database. This is not instant and they'll likely have to pull it up, then get back to you with the info they find. They can only advise you, of course, as to BMW shop service records.

Trying to track down service records on a 13 yr old car....

...is going to be tough, unless the previous owner was really well-heeled. The trip to the dealer to track down records may pay off, that's what I did with my first BMW, but it was only three years old at the time and was still under warranty. If there's an owner's manual, maybe there's a selling dealer in it, that could lead you to a previous owner.

Good Luck

Rich
    00 M5

The dealer keeps the record for cars that are <10 years out of warranty. I tried when I bought my 92 325, but it was too old.

Thread Information