Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
CG Lock

Thread: CG Lock

CG Lock

Has anyone had experience with the 'CG Lock' product?

David

Yup - I bought two of 'em...
    They're still in the box under my desk at work.
    I've found that I can move my seat back, pull the belt tight and flick the top of it so it locks, then move the seat forward. This (so far 2 autox and 1 school this year) has held me in the seat pretty well... Others may have a different opinion. I will eventually put them in my car to see if they work, but the seatbelt trick seems to work pretty well too. Just my $.02
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Thanks - I'll try the seatbelt trick first. I was also looking at the Schroth clip-in system for E46's but I just can't justify the cost (especially because I'll need one for the passenger as well!) for the few driving schools I anticipate doing with this car.

-Dave

BTW I like the Schroth bolts in over the clip ins. The bolt ins are quickly and easily disconnected and drop over the top of the seat and under it. Actually faster than the clip ins. Plus you can switch from 4 pt to 3 pt as easily and grabbing the right harness, without disconnecting anything.

I have Schroth bolt ins in two cars and love them.

Although not sure of the current NCC feeling on 4 pts. The previous Chief Instructor was very much against them. But I have used them at several other chapter DEs and never had any problems or adverse comments. And every instructor used them.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I hear you but I'm not too keen on putting holes in my 3 month old car...yet!

Just put one in my M3 a couple of weeks ago. Works well but I am already seeing wear on the pillar and on the bolster from it putting my belt on and taking it off. Now I take a lot more care in reaching back for it and bringing it around and letting it go when I get out.

Holds me in place nicely though. Worth the money just take care not to let it tear up your interior.

Mike

I just got back from the Marque Madness driving event at VIR and the old seatbelt cinch and lock technique worked fine or at least better than I expected.

Thanks for your comments,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by WNNAM3
    I hear you but I'm not too keen on putting holes in my 3 month old car...yet!
    No bolt holes needed. The inner belt (tranny tunnel) uses the same bolt as stock. The outer uses the same as stock. The bolt tabs for the shoulder harnesses are already in place. The Schroth bolt ins are dealer installed options in Germany, the cars are set up for them.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Thread Information