Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Motorcycle Helmets

Thread: Motorcycle Helmets

Motorcycle Helmets

This may be of interest to those of you using Snell M-rated helmets. The June '05 issue of Motorcyclist magazine has an article that basically states a DOT rating is a better guide than the Snell rating. The link is to a rebuttal by the Snell Institute:

http://www.smf.org/response.html
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Banned

Snell VS DOT VS Others

Also there is an interesting article in Mountain Bike Action about bicycle helmets.
    The reason most bicycle helmet manufacturers dont use Snell is because of the additional cost. Article does say Snell standards are more stringent and Snell does buy helmets of store shelfs to test for quality control. I believe they do the same thing for M and SA rated helmets. A Snell bicycle helmet is difficult to find.
    Specialized makes Snell rated helmets. Bell and Giro used too. There is a great interview with a Snell Foundation rep in the article. June issue of MBA.

Its your brain. Head injuries can have dramatic effects on your quality of life. Is it really worth saving a few bucks and going cheap? Too many concussions and head injuries and you can turn out like me! Pitful when the sheep are smarter than you.

I don't have a link handy, but Snell responded with a bunch of info and pointing out several falicies in the article in Motorcyclist. It seems that magazine has done this before.

Me, I use Snell approved helmets.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

The link is part of my original post.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Duh.
    Terry Carraway