Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Thread: Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Threaded View

Valve cover + lower oil pan gaskets

Suffering from a bad oil leak as well as a stripped drain plug. I'm going to do a much needed valve cover gasket replacement and drop the oil pan tomorrow. I called BMW of Towson and they told me the gaskets would cost me around $125. Turnermotorsports.com has everything I need for about $50, but the kicker is I have to wait for them to be delivered. I would really like to do it tomorrow with my free day so I can drive the car ASAP, so does anyone know anywhere else that would supply gaskets for a '98 540i at reasonable prices? Would advanced auto have it in stock, or is there maybe a quality garage? Thanks for the help. Also, feel free to post any tips on doing the job itself. It'll be my first time removing the engine cover

Edit: called benchmark motors. They can have it today for $102.
    Last edited by BOOBEAR; 03-14-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    E39 540i/6
    BC Racing coil overs
    Bear enthusiast

Thread Information