Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
minimum wheel diameter for 330i

Thread: minimum wheel diameter for 330i

minimum wheel diameter for 330i

hi... I'm looking out for an extra set of wheels to mount snow tires on for next winter and am wondering if I can go down to 16 or even 15 inch wheels... my car is a 2002 330i with sport package. THanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolff330i
    hi... I'm looking out for an extra set of wheels to mount snow tires on for next winter and am wondering if I can go down to 16 or even 15 inch wheels... my car is a 2002 330i with sport package. THanks
    Check tirerack.com for 16" wheels that fit an E46 330i. I think there are only one or two styles that will clear the front brakes.

15s are definitely out of the question. Certain 16s will fit, however not all; You can always check tirerack. I think your best bet is to find someone who is selling a used set of e46 17" rims and slap some winter rubber on them. I bought a set of 330xi rims for 300 bucks on ebay and put Dunlop WinterSport M3s on them. My car felt like an SUV out there last winter, it would plow through just about anything.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eye out for used 17's just to be safe...

Banned

Screw Tire Rack

Give Sam a call at Radial Tire. He may have some used take offs and Vredstein snow tires which are better snow tires than anything Tire Rack sells except for Michelin Alpins. In my opinion they are equal to Alpins. That way you will be sure the fit. Blizzaks, Dunlops etc suck as dry tires in the winter around here.

Is that the Radial Tire in Silver Spring? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolff330i
    Is that the Radial Tire in Silver Spring? thanks
    yes

Thread Information