Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Autox school
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Autox school

Autox school

Has the location for the autox school been announced? I need to make some arrangements for my son, and some of this may be location dependent.

Thanks,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Has the location for the autox school been announced? I need to make some arrangements for my son, and some of this may be location dependent.

Thanks,
    Alex

Hi Alex,

The Autocross School will be held in Sykesville, Md this year at the Maryland's Police training facility (I don't have the exact name of the place at work).

Pete

What is up with all but one of the Autocross events being near Baltimore this year? I live in Manassas, VA and I am looking at hour and a half+ drives each way for all but 1 event this season.

Last year we seemed to have a better balance between MD and VA events.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    What is up with all but one of the Autocross events being near Baltimore this year? I live in Manassas, VA and I am looking at hour and a half+ drives each way for all but 1 event this season.

There is just a lack of lots for us to select from. We got the same distance complaints from the Baltimore members about the Manassas events. I think we had 1-2 events in Manassas last season and the rest at Bowie. This season we added 2 events at Ripken. Ripken is a long drive for some people (myself included) but it has a nice large lot that we think people will enjoy. Lot availability controls a lot of the scheduling. Hopefully we can locate another lot in VA for next season.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    There is just a lack of lots for us to select from. We got the same distance complaints from the Baltimore members about the Manassas events. I think we had 1-2 events in Manassas last season and the rest at Bowie. This season we added 2 events at Ripken. Ripken is a long drive for some people (myself included) but it has a nice large lot that we think people will enjoy. Lot availability controls a lot of the scheduling. Hopefully we can locate another lot in VA for next season.

---Eric
    And losing Rosecroft didn't help the distance issues for the northern VA/DC'ers.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Hi Alex,

The Autocross School will be held in Sykesville, Md this year at the Maryland's Police training facility (I don't have the exact name of the place at work).

Pete
    Thanks Pete. That location should ensure careful driving around the host site.

Alex

Bowie is about halfway between Baltimore and DC. The NCC covers all the way up to the MD/PA line also.

As Eric said, it's a matter of lot availability. Any suggestions of lots in Virginia would be greatly appreciated (since I'm a VA person and I have the autox trailer).

FYI, Kevin H. and I are both working on specific lots in VA. No, I'm not going to mention exactly what they are until we have something definite.

For what it's worth, the Ripkin lot is terrific. I ran in the Subaru Challenge there last Fall. It only took me just over an hour to get there from my house (in the evening) and less than an hour to get home (middle of the day).
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum

Thanks,
    Alex
    Alex,

I hope you can make the event. This facility is perfect for a school. We have use of classrooms and the lot is a huge expanse of unobstructed pavement (including a wet skidpad).
    Rafael Garces

Thanks for the details on the lot situation. I know that a lot of people were not crazy about the lot at Osbourn Park High School. I liked it mainly because it is about 5 miles from my house.

What are the approximate start and end times for the autocross school? The Mrs. wants to go on the spring tour which is the next day and we plan to stay overnight the night before rather than getting up at o'dark thirty.

I am trying to figure out if I can make it to the school, drive back to Manassas to get her and get up to the hotel by dinner time.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 03-01-2005 at 07:32 AM.
    2001 330i (my car)

Thanks for the details on the lot situation. I know that a lot of people were not crazy about the lot at Osbourn Park High School. I liked it mainly because it is about 5 miles from my house.

What are the approximate start and end times for the autocross school? The Mrs. wants to go on the spring tour which is the next day and we plan to stay overnight the night before rather than getting up at o'dark thirty.

I am trying to figure out if I can make it to the school, drive back to Manassas to get her and get up to the hotel by dinner time.
    I liked the location of the Osbourn Park lot, but not necessarily the lot itself.

My recollection on the times for the school are 8:00am to 4:00pm, but you'll have to get confirmation from the autox chairmen.
    Rafael Garces

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    I liked the location of the Osbourn Park lot, but not necessarily the lot itself.

My recollection on the times for the school are 8:00am to 4:00pm, but you'll have to get confirmation from the autox chairmen.
    8am to 4pm is correct.

We suggest people show up a little early (if possible) for tech inspection and registration.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Is there going to be a required classroom session the night before the school like last year?

IIRC, that was a P-club idea. They do that every year, but it wasn't quite fair for those that had to drive over 1.5 hours there and back.

O.K. Thanks for the information.

Is it acceptable to leave a little early? I am not sure I can stick around until 4:00.

Also, do we have to pre-register for the class or just show up?
    2001 330i (my car)

Thread Information